User error?…..or Has Optionality for Naming Public Links Changed

I use public links quite a bit. Earlier this calendar year oh I stumbled upon a really cool feature that allows me to have such public links named the same as the Evernote entry as opposed to the longer public link name with various characters of numbers etc.  

I recently cleaned up some files on my phone to enable automatic updates to certain apps. My Evernote app was updated and now the way that I used to create public links that had a name title equivalent to the Evernote title name no longer works. Has that option been eliminated or is it a user error on my part?

thanks!

dave

• Level 5*

Hi.  iOS? Android? 

4 hours ago, Dcforuk said:

the way that I used to create public links that had a name title equivalent to the Evernote title name no longer works

"The Way" is this the Mandalorian 'Way'?  What exactly is the way...

"No longer works" as in there are alarm bells? Flashing lights?  Error messages? 

...I'm (kinda) kidding - but please explain exactly what you're doing and what you are seeing...

OK, I just created an Evernote entry and I titled the note “This is a Public Link Test”

when I copy the link from the picture above here’s what it looks like when I paste that link:

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s264/sh/e9b35b91-5384-84a1-0287-aaf0f101bd3b/9d2f27efa2cd5313d9c27cccf5487c31

what I would like to figure out how to do again is for the link to look like this:

This is a Public Link Test

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/3/2021 at 4:54 PM, Dcforuk said:

OK, I just created an Evernote entry and I titled the note “This is a Public Link Test”

when I copy the link from the picture above here’s what it looks like when I paste that link:

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s264/sh/e9b35b91-5384-84a1-0287-aaf0f101bd3b/9d2f27efa2cd5313d9c27cccf5487c31

what I would like to figure out how to do again is for the link to look like this:

Well, it depends on where you're posting the link. Here in the Evernote forums, if you click the toolbar icon that looks like a bit of chain:
link.png.2b2d4360a9ddf4f23805694b2c693d2e.png

you get two slots to enter text into:
435739172_User_error___or_Has_Optionality_for_Naming_Public_Links_Changed_-_Productivity_-_Evernote_User_Forum.thumb.png.d6fff2abefb238b2cdc123df068f32de.png

Paste the giant Evernote link into the URL box, and then the text you'd like to overlay into the Link text box.

So you'd end up with this: