Does new EN 10 save the database on PC for offline use?

• Level 5*
30 minutes ago, Duhtch said:

I cannot find "Settings" or "Keep data on…“ anywhere in the menus. I am using release 10.16.7

It's the default option; in the Preferences menu71308015_ScreenShot2021-07-03at02_28_18.png.238fc0fe5bda1a2a3568c3a825b9d146.png
Screenshot is from my Mac

Thanks. My menu has the same things checked. But EN 10 doesn't seem to be creating an offline database like the older versions. If it is, where is the database stored on my Windows 10 PC?

2021-07-03.png

I have 17,000 notes and my old EN version's database was 15 GB. It appears EN version 10 is only saving an offline version of any notes that I select and view while online. So of my 17,000 notes, only a few dozen are available to see offline. EN version 10 doesn't seem to be creating a complete offline database like the older EN versions. So far, I'm not a fan of EN 10. Not just for this offline confusion that I'm experiencing. For me the last 10+ years, EN is a tool. It looks like the version 10 has been made to look sexy at the expense of functionality. Some actions that I use very regularly used to work elegantly, but now feel extremely clumsy. I think I will be going back to version 6.18.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
57 minutes ago, Duhtch said:

If it is, where is the database stored on my Windows 10 PC?

Windows          C:/users/<youraccount>/appdata/roaming /evernote
Mac                     /Users/<youraccount>/Library/Application Support/Evernote

4 hours ago, DTLow said:

It's the default option; in the Preferences menu71308015_ScreenShot2021-07-03at02_28_18.png.238fc0fe5bda1a2a3568c3a825b9d146.png
Screenshot is from my Mac

Thanks, I didn't realize that this is the setting for the offline database..

30 minutes ago, Duhtch said:

I have 17,000 notes and my old EN version's database was 15 GB. It appears EN version 10 is only saving an offline version of any notes that I select and view while online. So of my 17,000 notes, only a few dozen are available to see offline. EN version 10 doesn't seem to be creating a complete offline database like the older EN versions. So far, I'm not a fan of EN 10. Not just for this offline confusion that I'm experiencing. For me the last 10+ years, EN is a tool. It looks like the version 10 has been made to look sexy at the expense of functionality. Some actions that I use very regularly used to work elegantly, but now feel extremely clumsy. I think I will be going back to version 6.18.

My 3000 notes are all saved offline. Did you properly configure it as discussed earlier ( "Keep data on…“ ) . It also took a while to cache all my 3000 notes locally.

• Level 5

Anybody can run a simple test: Go offline and try. Quit the v10 client, but don’t log out.

Pull the cable 😳, switch the WiFi off 😵‍, dump the personal hotspot 🔥 into the 🛁 .

My notes on the Mac are all there, can be opened, searched, edited etc. Once online again the changes sync.

Two hints:

It only allows offline access when you were logged in before going offline. You can quit the app, shut down the computer, but don’t log out of your EN account before going offline. Else no way to get to your notes without a new internet connection.

After installing new keep the client open for a while to allow it to download. It starts with some data for every note, but to load everything (including attachments) it needs time. Don’t think everything is already there just because you see titles and preview pics.