(Archived) possible to add more links/protocols like RDP:// ?

evermullah

Idea

4 replies to this idea

Looks like the link-type restrictions have been lifted in 2.0 for both the Source URL and note body fields!

i'm wondering, how restrictions could be useful here!

in my opinion, all the links would be opened on the clients computer, with the registered program. so everything is good and no restrictions needed.

or am i wrong with this guessing?

I don't think you're wrong to guess but, if you take a minute, I'm sure you can see things from the Evernote guys' point-of-view, too. Security, usability across every platform Evernote runs on..... they've got a whole list of things to think about when, for guys like us, it's just "Why can't I put my link in here?!?!?"

Anyhow, I'm excited that they listened to our user feedback -- and you know I've already been writing AppleScripts that take advantage of this! ;)

I don't think you're wrong to guess but, if you take a minute, I'm sure you can see things from the Evernote guys' point-of-view, too. Security, usability across every platform Evernote runs on..... they've got a whole list of things to think about when, for guys like us, it's just "Why can't I put my link in here?!?!?"

evernote program is not platform independed, so it does the same (should do) on every OS it runs on. assumed: user is clicking the same buttons ;-)

"how" EN does that is indeed platform depended, but user expects to open a protocol-link with that associated program for that protocol. why else would i specify a protocol? hmm.

i'd really want to see that list...

Archived