Undo "make available offline"? 10.12

Trying to cope with slowness I decided to set one of my notebooks to be available offline. So I did that. Now I'm encountering duplicate messages and message sync conflicts. (I've opened a support ticket.)

I'd like to turn off "available offline" for that notebook. But the only menu choice I can find is one that says "Available offline" and is grayed out (inactive). If I push on it nothing happens. The answer may be blindingly obvious but I'm not finding it. Is it possible for me to make an "available offline" notebook NOT available offline?

Evernote 10.12 (1115297)

I encountered duplicate messages and sync conflicts in another notebook, one that is *not* available offline. So it's less important for me to be able to turn off "available offline" for the other notebook.

I was just notified via email: "I understand you are experiencing duplicate notes on your Evernote for Android app. Apologies for the inconvenience. Our development team is aware of this issue and they are currently working on a fix."

Edited by wilsonch
add info
  • Level 5

Settings notebook Offline has no impact on duplicates. The offline database will only be used when you are offline - in this case you just work on the local copy.

Whenever you are online, the server date will be used.

In general you can set single notebooks to be copied to the device (offline use), all or none.

The switch to toggle it can behave a bit surprising: It may look as if it switches back on when toggled off. Just wait a little, it will come back to your setting after some internal processing.

Yes, we agree that the bug seems to be happening whether or not the notebook is declared "available offline."

The only "toggle" I can find is in the notebook menu and it says "Available offline" and is grayed out and if I touch it nothing happens, no matter how long I wait. That "toggle" is the one that one pushes in order to "Make available offline."

If you are referring to another toggle, or if you can tell me how to make the "Available offline" menu item do something, I will be grateful to learn.

SmartSelect_20210702-085515_Evernote.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5

This is not a toggle, it is just an indicator whether a download has happened, and the content IS available.

To MAKE it available, go to the apps settings, tab „notebooks“. The pictures are from iOS, but the mobile clients are similar:

E5FC2562-B95D-47B6-806A-54F9EBE70927.thumb.jpeg.a33d0d4aefdf908c25c476e9ba1bb070.jpeg

In the next window you can select none, all or selected notebooks. Once switched to ON, download starts. Hint: The app needs to be active for the download to continue. I have written several times for iOS how to achieve this. You can search for it („autolockscreen“ should do).

41A9F233-C60F-4AD1-95A7-F2EBA90D1D8D.thumb.jpeg.84084e7389b085a375246782d767aa3a.jpeg