Ctrl ; used to insert Date and Time, with new Evernote 10.16 for Windows Ctrl ; doesn't work

In the legacy app for Windows Shortcut Ctrl ; inserts the combination of Alt + Shift + D for date and Ctrl + Shift + D with a space in between.  Version 10.16 Ctrl ; doesn't do anything.  Was very important for keep track of time, is there a way to make Ctrl ; work again?

• Level 5*
13 hours ago, Beacon02446 said:

is there a way to make Ctrl ; work again?

Hi.  Two ways - install Legacy,  or use a text expander that will accept Ctrl+; as the keyboard trigger.  More keyboard shortcuts are -allegedly- planned,  but we don't know when they might be released.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, Beacon02446 said:

Could you provide a bit more insight into what you meant by text expander?  I'm not familiar with this concept on a Windows 10 PC.

Sure.  Have a browse through here - https://www.phraseexpress.com/ - it's possible to save words & phrases and some frequently-used expressions like 'today' and invoke the action with a key combination.  If you check out the support pages you should be able to find out how to set up the date in the format that you want it.  There's a free level for personal use,  and there are other expanders which you can find with an internet search.  I just happen to use this one.  I also use Textblaze which is a browser extension that does the same thing and is sometimes quicker to set up with new phrases. 

• Like 1