Tasks Early Access (partially) disappeared

cyberry

Idea

I'm using Tasks Early Access on several Windows computers and on my Android phone.

This morning Tasks EA disappeared from EN on my Windows desktop - EN version is 10.16.7. 

The "Tasks Early Access" option does not appear on the left side of the screen. The green button on the left side no longer has the "New Task" option.  When I go to a note with a Task, there is a message:

Content not supported.  This block is a placeholder for a beta feature....

In the meantime, I can still see my Tasks on my Android phone, and the Tasks EA seems to be working fine there. 

I've run "Check for Updates" on the Windows desktop a few times, but there's no update. Should I download EN again and reinstall, even though I have the current version?

3 replies to this idea

• Ex Employees

Please try shutting down the app and restarting. There seems to be an issue for a small subset of users that can cause the app to believe that the Tasks feature should be disabled. Restarting should force the app to check again and show Tasks. 

Thanks - I did a force reload and that solved the problem. (I thought I had already tried that, but maybe I was mistaken.)

FYI, haven't had this problem on my Windows desktop at work, either - happened only on one computer.

I have had this same problem on my Windows 10 machine.  Intermittent loading of tasks.  Since it was introduce a couple of months ago.  I love the feature, but now I rely on it, so it is hard to work without it.

Right now I have reloaded the app 2 or 3 times and restarted the computer once.  My last resort is to re-download the app, but all of this wastes a great deal of time.

Any other solutions out there? 

• Sad 1