(bug) erratic scrolling in notes’ list

since last update on both ipad pro and iphone, the sidebar and full note list scrolling is bugged.

Sometimes the cursor goes back to thr first, other times keeps scrolling in an erratic way, going up and down the list, while recaching previews; others simply visibly lags.

Anyways, using the app has become a pain.

and there’s not a support mail nor ticket for a paid product?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I'm absolutely having the same problem! Scrolling is so erratic it's impossible to effectively use App on my iPad.   

Also dislike that "Edit" is in BOLD GREEN, with too close a proximity to the "Search" bar - as if searching is of secondary importance to editing.  

Continually received this error message while using App, and tried to "Contact Support" nothing happened.1070115101_ScreenShot2021-06-30at10_06_43PM.thumb.png.094df04b7777ab632f9300a56f4a5de3.png

On 6/30/2021 at 2:59 PM, DrSatish said:

since last update on both ipad pro and iphone, the sidebar and full note list scrolling is bugged.

Sometimes the cursor goes back to thr first, other times keeps scrolling in an erratic way, going up and down the list, while recaching previews; others simply visibly lags.

Anyways, using the app has become a pain.

and there’s not a support mail nor ticket for a paid product?

I didnt post this above problem.. But why is it showing my username? And I came here as I got an email that someone replied to "my post" whch i didnt. See Screenshot below... Is my account on this forum not secure?

bug.png.0cac336e05de206d53f19584aa7bd868.png

• Level 5

If you didn’t post yourself, the answer is obvious: Somebody else used your account to post.

Take all the necessary measures to secure it. Because the account here is linked to your EN account I would do the same there.

Pick a unique and strong password, activate 2FA.

4 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

If you didn’t post yourself, the answer is obvious: Somebody else used your account to post.

Take all the necessary measures to secure it. Because the account here is linked to your EN account I would do the same there.

Pick a unique and strong password, activate 2FA.

If the admins can give a IP address, it will be known if my mail ID is used by someone else or there is some mistake in attribution from evrnote side.. Anyway i changed the password for safety

I’m having the same issue. Scrolling on the all notes list or any subfolder with more than a few notes is now near on impossible. It’s glitchy, it jumps back up or down depending on what way I am trying to go. Really frustrating. I’m not talking older devices, both quite new so power isn’t the issue. Hopefully this is fixed ASAP cause it’s making the app largely unusable. 

• Sad 1
  • 2 weeks later...

This bug is terrible to the point of making the iOS version unusable if not for quick note drafting. Asked for support: they replied they are aware of the problem but would not commit on any particular release. Just hope they understand how basic it is to have a functioning scrolling sidebar on a touch device.

12 hours ago, gozzilla78 said:

This bug is terrible to the point of making the iOS version unusable if not for quick note drafting. Asked for support: they replied they are aware of the problem but would not commit on any particular release. Just hope they understand how basic it is to have a functioning scrolling sidebar on a touch device.

Absolutely.  I got the same response.

Same problem here. I have a folder with 10l0+ Songs that I scroll through while performing. I scroll and it jumps back to the top or back to where I started. I’ve downloaded the note book and loaded each note individually.  Still stops. 
it’s a pretty serious bug. 
Been using Evernote for 10+ years maybe time to try something else. 

• Like 1

Yup, it’s getting worse, I can’t scroll any notebook not, not acceptable. @Shane D. can we have some sort of acknowledgment of this bug? It seems to occur in any notes list of a reasonable size and is substantially worse if those notes have attachments. That’s several updates come out for the app and this issue has neither been acknowledged nor resolved and massively hinders app usage. 

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, Steven Eff said:

I raised a ticket with support and they've emailed me to confirm that they have replicated it in their tests too. They are actively working on a fix for it, but don't have an ETA for its release.

Thanks for raising and sharing Steven 👍

It's still choppy and will jump backwards (and then back to scrolling) for me when scrolling a list of notes in a notebook. It's like 10 steps forward, 2 steps back kind of a motion. It's way more noticeable when there is a thumbnail image.

I have my view options as

• Small
  • Show images: yes
  • Show body text: yes
  • Show tags: yes

When scrolling on a list of search results, it will scroll for 1/4 second after I lift my finger and then just stop.

• iPhone 11
  • Evernote version 10.13.2 (1115451)

Edit:

Oh - this is still the old version? I don't see any updates in the App Store yet. I see this but not sure if it's for iOS or Android. Post title says iOS, content says Android.

Edited by Boot17
clarify version
5 hours ago, Boot17 said:

Oh - this is still the old version? I don't see any updates in the App Store yet. I see this but not sure if it's for iOS or Android. Post title says iOS, content says Android.

Yeah - it was the old version. I got the update now (10.14 (1116482)) and scrolling is way better now. Thanks!

• Like 1