Text cleared when tags/title updated

I spent about thirty minutes writing a note

then I updated the title and tags

the note went blank, and I can't get it back (I'm not a premium user, so I don't have access to snapshot saves, or to support chat/email)

I'm pretty sure this is a bug on evernote's side -- if the send (of the note text) fails, the field in the browser shouldn't be cleared. 

I'm really frustrated by this, and despite using Evernote happily (and encouraging others to use it too) since 2014, I'm going to start migrating all of my data elsewhere. I cannot recommend a tool that lacks basic tech support for breaking bugs, and that paywalls basic tech support and paywalls file recovery. 

• Level 5*
On 6/30/2021 at 8:18 AM, Carceret said:

I'm really frustrated by this, and despite using Evernote happily (and encouraging others to use it too) since 2014, I'm going to start migrating all of my data elsewhere. I cannot recommend a tool that lacks basic tech support for breaking bugs, and that paywalls basic tech support and paywalls file recovery. 

If all your introductions have also been using the free app to access bandwidth and server storage space over the past several years,  I can't see Evernote grieving too much if that stops.  Surely it makes sense that if you use an app to safeguard your data,  you should subscribe to help cover some of the costs of maintaining the service?  Apart from anything else you'd at least get access to help and to a Note History feature that might be useful.

As it is,  I don't know how much you use online services via the browser,  but I've had various posts evaporate on me through an internet glitch - including here in this forum.  I use a browser add-in that saves the last entry in any field to (mostly) restore any losses,  and if I'm drafting at length I'll use a local word processor until it's complete and either include that file as an attachment to my note,  or copy/ paste the content in as text.

Bad things,  as you've found,  do happen - fairly often.  There's a possibility that note history would include your note content,  but it's not guaranteed;  I'm sure that Evernote won't otherwise have any way to recover the content of (presumably) your browser cache.  I'm afraid that you have to accept that the content is gone and start over - even if that is somewhere else.

This is not a bug,  thought it happens often enough when users rely on an internet browser to save information.