The -tag does not work with other filters

Has the "-tag" function been changed? I cannot get it to work with other filters.

I use Evernote to keep track of thousands of articles in about a dozen different topics, which I use to assemble custom newsletters for clients. One of my categories is tagged "Real Estate." When an article has been posted to my content management system, I tag it "CMS." When it is used in a newsletter, i tag it "PUB--RE." Every week, I want to have a look at all my articles that are in "Real Estate" and in the "CMS" but are NOT yet published, so I know what I still have available to publish. So I created a saved search with the "CMS" and "Real Estate" tags and the "-tag:PUB--RE" to screen out published articles.

All of a sudden, the "-tag:PUB--RE" function will NOT work with the CMS and Real Estate filters. It gives me an empty screen. See the samples attached-: the  "-tag:PUB-RE" works by itself but not with other filters.

BEFORE commenting on my problem, please note the following:

• This problem occurred simultaneously across half a dozen saved filters that have worked for over a year, so I know it's not just one category or a poorly set up syntax (unless Evernote changed the syntax.)
  • The problem also happens when I manually set up searches with a -tag function. I tested this again and again with multiple examples.
  • The problem happens on my laptop and online.
  • I am completely 100% sure the results are erroneous--I can easily see dozens of articles that should come up in these saved searches. I just have to find them manually now, which adds hours to my day.

I use the latest version: 10.16.7. 

Any ideas? Or just business as usual for Evernote? I'm beginning to dread every Evernote update. They add two bugs for every one they fix.

The -tag by itself.doc The -tag by with other filters.doc

• 2 weeks later...

Same issue for me.

Re-creating the saved searches worked for most.

For one stubborn one I need to click the X to close the tag buttons that show and then re-enter the tag criteria in the search box. Then it works. 

Hope they fix it soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Evernote Expert
4 minutes ago, RJK--Editor said:

Your note prompted me to try again--and it seems to be working now, with -tag. I still think it's an awkward setup, but at least it's happening!

Actually, I might have spoken too soon. Looks like -tag is still included in the premium/personal plan

The ability to find notes that are not tagged is also broken - for example I used to be able to use the query:

-tag:* 

returning all notes that do not have tags, this feature still works in Legacy but not v10.

9 hours ago, cheesetec said:

The ability to find notes that are not tagged is also broken - for example I used to be able to use the query:

-tag:* 

returning all notes that do not have tags, this feature still works in Legacy but not v10.

This works for me. There was a problem with  -tag: in saved searches but that for me seems to be solved now.

2 hours ago, Mike P said:

This works for me. There was a problem with  -tag: in saved searches but that for me seems to be solved now.

Ah its working for me again now too - strange maybe I just needed a client reload 😅

• Like 1