Feature requests, report bugs, ideas.... it is hard to get there when in EverNote

Byron Burrup

Idea

Since ease of use, user friendliness, etc., is so important in EverNote, how about making it easier for a general user to post an idea, feature request, report a bug.  Since you have staff monitoring the forums, such suggestions that are duplicates, inappropriate or unreasonable, can be deleted easily.  No?  At least a link to the forum(s).

3 replies to this idea

I am a long time user of Premium, I think more than 10 years.  It used to be easier to give feedback.  But that was awhile ago.

Wouldn't it make the most sense to have active users of EN provide the quickest, most specific details of idea, bugs and tweeks needed or suggested, if they were able to provide that while in EN experiencing the problem or circumstance

Having to

1. go the forums to make a suggestion,
  2. filling out a form with 3 questions about what type of question or suggestion it is,
  3. being directed to forums, Helps, and FAQ's before even being able to easily find an idea suggestion button...
  4. etc.

before even being able to post the idea/suggestion, inhibits good real immediate accurate feedback.  No?

In the areas of Help for users - with so many versions, so many updates, and so much info., information overload makes finding the specific answer or how to make a suggestion difficult. 

For an examples: 

1 - in my on-line access to EN, to switch a Note to a different Notebook I have to click on the 3 line menu in the upper right and then mouse move and click on Move, but don't have to in the desktop version (hover over the Notebook name of the  Note, and a hidden icon now appears to the right of the Notebook name that I can click on to move it to a different Notebook).  This is a little inconsistent and inconvenient for the on-line version.

2 - I am unable to do a Search when moving a Note to a new Notebook in the on-line version.  (after clicking on Move, the window with alphabetized list of Notebooks appears without a search field; the desktop version has a search field).

To just try to suggest these be changed, while I am thinking about it in EN, is a major task. 

Or to find out if someone has already pointed this out. 

I am suggesting quicker, easier, more user friendly suggestion giving, tweeks, bug reporting, and function requests, would benefit EN and all users.

Thank-you for your expertise and input.

• Level 5

You can use the feedback function just to drop an idea, no need to fill out everything.

Support may be a bit harder to locate, at least on the desktop clients. It is very easy on the mobile clients, it does not use the web page to grab a ticket.

Whether „fixing“ the forum (with adequate manpower) is necessary is up to EN to decide. Since v10 there are significantly more posts, and the rapid release cycle make solutions (and problems) be outdated fast. I think especially reviewing older threads about their continued relevance is no easy feat.

About differences between the clients: There still are differences, although it got much better. Before v10 we had 5 independent clients, now there are 3: Desktop, Web, Mobile. And they are closer to each other than ever before. On the web client you work directly on the server - probably this leads to some differences in details.

• Like 1