(Archived) Problem taking a picture

wgenzo

Hi guys!

I'm having a problem taking a picture for a note. All seems to work fine until I touch the OK button to save the picture taken, Evernote shows me the following message: "No Picture Captured" and I can't save the note with the picture. I searched trough the system folders and I found the images at Evernote/Temp folder.

I have installed the Evernote 2 version.

Thanks in advance!!

What type of phone are you using, and what version of the Android OS do you have on that device?

Could you try rebooting your phone and then immediately attempt to take a picture with Evernote? (I've seen this problem in a few cases with people running a lot of apps on their device, leaving very little RAM for us.)

I work with our Engineers and can't reproduce the problem. We think that it is only specific to HTC and Dorid type of phone.

I'd be very curious about the memory and storage available on your device when this happens.

Under Android Settings, you can see storage via "SD card & phone storage"

and you can see memory availability under: Settings > Applications > Running services

I'd be curious if this is happening when you happen to have virtually no memory and/or flash storage available.

If this is not the case, can you send us error log from our setting\sendlog to: android-preview@evernote.com

thanks

Under Android Settings, you can see storage via "SD card & phone storage"

and you can see memory availability under: Settings > Applications > Running services

I'd be curious if this is happening when you happen to have virtually no memory and/or flash storage available.

I have 10 + GB free and 76mg avail. with same result "No Picture Captured" (same thing happened once b4 when playing around with sprindpad too) So I'd initially assume its a droid issue as opposed to the app.

So I killed all apps with advanced task killer and tried it again. It worked!

Just tried again on my HTC Magic running 2.2, & got the 'No Picture Captured' error

Here are my available memory numbers:

SD Card: 1.02GB free

Internal Phone storage: 110MB free

Running Services Memory Avail: Other: 39MB in 5 Avail: 2.3MB+0.00B in 0 (ranges from 0 -> 2.3MB free while looking)

I agree it must be low memory conditions, and the HTC Magic in particular doesn't have alot of that.

The app is - eCamera.

Thanks - I was just planning to ask how to reduce the size of a pic in EN. If I email it from the desktop it shows up as immense !

"palmheads" Did you use a task killer before you tried to take a pic? Please let us know.

Hey, I think I found a nice app on Android market which lets you change resolution and other setting while taking a pic.

And the best part is that it works very smoothly with Evernote app and I never saw out of memory with it.

The app is - eCamera.

Very nice! Seems to be viewable in Android Evernote even using hi-res.

I have also been having this problem. It's pretty frustrating, considering that 1/3 of my note creation occurs while I'm mobile.

I am running:
Cyanogen Mod 6.1 RC4
on a Motorola Droid
27.54 mb space on phone

I'd rather not use a camera work-around, as I rather like the stock camera application.

Would deleting applications or moving them to the SD card help?

I

I'd rather not use a camera work-around, as I rather like the stock camera application.

Would deleting applications or moving them to the SD card help?

So far everytime I have gotten that error msg, I've killed all apps with Adv Task Killer and then the pic worked fine.

So seems to me to be some apps or combo of apps are causing the conflict.

katahdin - No I didn't use any task killer. I just tried taking a photo then reported the results.

Seems funny that you can have loads of SD/internal storage available, & Evernote doesn't allow you to take the picture. It can't rely on available memory on the device, as Android is designed to use all available memory, unless its storing the photo in memory before it attaches?

• 1 year later...

I still have this problem on my Nexus S, running Android 4.1.1 and Evernote 4.2.

My feeling is that taking the picture really fast doesn't give the camera app enough time to capture GPS data and therefore gives the error "No Picture Captured". This is pure speculation though.

I am going to say it happens to me on half of the pictures so this can get pretty frustrating...

I still have this problem on my Nexus S, running Android 4.1.1 and Evernote 4.2.

My feeling is that taking the picture really fast doesn't give the camera app enough time to capture GPS data and therefore gives the error "No Picture Captured". This is pure speculation though.

I am going to say it happens to me on half of the pictures so this can get pretty frustrating...

Ditto. Nexus S. Android 4.1.1. Just installed Evernote yesterday.

However, this happens on *all* my pictures :(

I turned the GPS off and tried again... in theory that would skip any code trying to link the photo to GPS. No dice.

So my workflow right now is "Take picture using built-in camera. Click share to EverNote. Create my note. Go back to Gallery and delete original picture."

If I have to keep doing that, I may not be using Evernote for long.

I turned the GPS off and tried again... in theory that would skip any code trying to link the photo to GPS. No dice.

So my workflow right now is "Take picture using built-in camera. Click share to EverNote. Create my note. Go back to Gallery and delete original picture."

+1 with problems on a Nexus S running 4.1.1. (Jelly Bean). Never had this issue before (been an Evernote user for 2+ years).

+1 with problems on a Nexus S running 4.1.1. (Jelly Bean). Never had this issue before (been an Evernote user for 2+ years).

Seems like a legit bug. Do we have to file an official report or does the staff read this as well?

Archived