How to Export ALL notes?

9 minutes ago, Divingdoc said:

None of these posts help me. I want to export multiple notes, even all notes as individual pdfs to my Mac hard drive. Is there ANY way to do that??

Nope. Not from Evernote directly anyway. You can export multiple notes as individual html files and then use 3rd party tools to convert those html files to PDFs. (https://www.google.com/search?q=batch+convert+html+files+into+pdf+for+macos) Or perhaps there is a 3rd party tool that can reach into your Evernote account and export them all as individual PDF files in one go.

You can export multiple notes as one big PDF, but there is no way that I can see to export multiple notes (at the same time) into individual PDF files.

• Level 5*
52 minutes ago, Divingdoc said:

None of these posts help me. I want to export multiple notes, even all notes as individual pdfs to my Mac hard drive. Is there ANY way to do that??

?

On 2/2/2023 at 11:51 PM, PinkElephant said:

There is no need for printing to a pdf - there is a direct export to pdf option provided by EN. Print to pdf is only available for single notes.

Select the notes - File Menu - Export notes as pdf

With ver. 10.50 and up officially 100 notes can be selected in one batch.

Some options to refine the output are reserved for Professional and Teams accounts. What will not export are attachments to the notes (including embedded PDFs) -they will only be represented by their icons.

• 4 months later...

Select the notes - File Menu - Export notes as pdf

With ver. 10.50 and up officially 100 notes can be selected in one batch.

This is not a practical solution for exporting 15,000 notes, each potentially having a pdf within it...

Evernote must surely offer a practical way to migrate user's own data to other platforms??

I tried following the steps in https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005557, however there is no option for export when I right-click on a note or notebook.  I am on a Windows 11 machine.  What's going on here?  This process is very frustrating.  I used to love Evernote until now.  Microsoft already discontinued their tool for importing notes / notebooks from Evernote to OneNote.... very frustrating!  This shortfall is a bad look for Evernote!

• Evernote Expert

For Notebooks either open the notebook list and tap the three dot menu OR open the notebook and at the top of the note view column click the three dot menu.

• 4 months later...
On 7/16/2023 at 2:48 AM, PinkElephant said:

You can export any single notebook, independent from its size.

Not any more, at least not the way I was doing it (open the notebook, then do a select all on the notes in the last, then export them).

When Evernote stopped letting you export all notes from all notebooks at once, I moved all my notes to one notebook.

Sometime in the last month or so, it changed to limiting the number of notes I can select 1o 100, even in that one notebook.

Because Evernote ended the backup-everything option, and because as an old, very experienced IT professional, I don't trust a single vendor to hold my critical data, I've designed and run cloud systems, and over the decades, I've seen bad backup catastrophes on sites run by very professional staff..

Evernote's concerns about server load from people doing massive backups is real, but their solution stinks, big time. I'd pay extra to be able to save all my data.

If I don't find a solution very soon, I will be moving to a vendor that doesn't want to be the sole holder of my data. I do not trust companies with that attitude - it suggests they are doing this to prevent migration.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

You invested a lot of time to type words that only show you didn’t search for an answer. If you would have searched the help database or the forum, you would know:

You can export any notebook, any size from a desktop client.

Go to notebook view, click on the 3 dots behind the notebook, choose „Export notebook“ and follow the instructions.

This renders 95% of what you typed obsolete.

The only true statement is that when choosing an app, make sure it has a working export (like EN has, as you just learned).

Yes, I had forgotten about that - I'm kinda real busy and my brain is fried.

In fact, I came back here to remove my post.

As for choosing an app, I've been using Evernote over 10 years. You used to be able to export all notes trivially. I counted on that.

When that ended, I had to put all my notes into one notebook, sacrificing the primary organization scheme in Evernote. That is an anti-feature, and I almost left Evernote at the time. Fortunately, due to the weakness of their notebook implementation (not enough levels of hierarchy), I wasn't deeply into that for organizing, or it would have been extremely painful.

I am not taking back my comments about Evernote's bad behavior. They changed their focus to trying to get into other market spaces, while making the experience worse for existing customers. In the tech world, their reputation suffered a lot for that.

I appreciate the insult. Shows this is a friendly place.

• Like 1
  • Evernote Expert

@Mesoman We've had users here complaining that they couldn't import their all notes export because the single ENEX file exceeded the maximum data limits. So always wise to split into exports by notebook.  If you search the forums you'll see reference to evernote-backup or Backupery as means of automating the export and into files for each notebook. I have mine triggered every weekend. It happens in the background regardless of whether Evernote is running or not.

• Like 1
On 11/29/2023 at 5:19 PM, PinkElephant said:

You invested a lot of time to type words that only show you didn’t search for an answer. If you would have searched the help database or the forum, you would know:

You can export any notebook, any size from a desktop client.

Go to notebook view, click on the 3 dots behind the notebook, choose „Export notebook“ and follow the instructions.

This renders 95% of what you typed obsolete.

The only true statement is that when choosing an app, make sure it has a working export (like EN has, as you just learned).

I followed those instructions and well as the right-click version and there is no export option at the notebook or note level. Do you have to upgrade to be able to export? I have the free account.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, LLENote said:

I followed those instructions and well as the right-click version and there is no export option at the notebook or note level. Do you have to upgrade to be able to export? I have the free account.

Hi.  And are you using the web version or the installed desktop app?  This may help - https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/209005557

Exports only work from the installed app.

agsteele - thanks for the information on too-big imports. Argh.

The good news about enex: it's XML. If I had to, I'd write a little program to split it up and reformat it. It's a pretty obvious structure.

As long as I have all the information from my notes in a transparent machine readable format, I feel better about it.

Any idea how big the limit is? If I just had a few notebooks, the manual work to back it up isn't that bad.

Or I could try one of the products that does exports. Last time I looked, a few years ago, I wasn't thrilled. But times change.

• Evernote Expert

I can give a lot of support to evernote-backup

It creates an SQL database of your notes. You can then instruct it to export the ENEX files as often as you wish. They export into a single directory so further backup is really simple. You don't even need an Evernote app on the backup computer. I understand others have it running under docker on standalone NAS.

• Level 5

Then you need to export to pdf, which needs to be done one notebook at a time.

Since the pdf output format doesn’t support embedded files, all attachments will only show as „dead“ icons - they will NOT export as files if this export option is chosen.

If you are still talking about mass exporting multiple selected notes into individual PDF files, then I believe my answer from February still stands.

On 2/23/2023 at 2:07 PM, Boot17 said:
On 2/23/2023 at 1:49 PM, Divingdoc said:

Nope. Not from Evernote directly anyway. You can export multiple notes as individual html files and then use 3rd party tools to convert those html files to PDFs. (https://www.google.com/search?q=batch+convert+html+files+into+pdf+for+macos) Or perhaps there is a 3rd party tool that can reach into your Evernote account and export them all as individual PDF files in one go.

You can export multiple notes as one big PDF, but there is no way that I can see to export multiple notes (at the same time) into individual PDF files.