Three Requests for New Tasks Feature

corey1036

Idea

Hi guys.  Love the new Tasks feature!  Three things I hope will be integrated into the final roll-out:

1. Nesting.  One thing I LOVE about the checklist feature is that subtasks can be easily nested and moved with the main task.  I hope this feature gets built into the Tasks feature.
  2. Date stamp.  One fantastic feature of Evernote in general that some other note taking apps don't have is date stamping the creation of the note.  I manually date stamp my tasks so I can consider their age, so it would be great if this valuable feature of Evernote (date stamping notes) can be parlayed into Task creation.
  3. Hyperlinks.  I've noticed any checklist items I currently have that include hyperlinks will have the hyperlinks dropped if I convert them to Tasks.  Many of my tasks include links, either externally or internal links, and I hope hyperlinks will be added to the final rollout of Tasks (or at least a notes field where a hyperlink can be added but maybe not directly shown)

Keep up the great work!

• Like 2

3 replies to this idea

• Evernote Expert

I'm not sure what you require by way of a time stamp. The functionality does depend on the OS you are working on. On Windows and Android I have hyperlinks in tasks. I'd expect the same on MacOS and iOS too.

If by date stamping you mean the ability to paste the date and time into the task then that is, I think, available on the desktops. I certainly do it although I work in a particular way. Perhaps you would like a start date in addition to the option to add a sure date.

Nesting isn't with us. We can't say whether that is planned or not.

I'd recommend you post these good suggestions direct to Evernote via a support ticket or the feedback option in the apps.

On 6/20/2021 at 8:39 AM, corey1036 said:

Hyperlinks.  I've noticed any checklist items I currently have that include hyperlinks will have the hyperlinks dropped if I convert them to Tasks.  Many of my tasks include links, either externally or internal links, and I hope hyperlinks will be added to the final rollout of Tasks (or at least a notes field where a hyperlink can be added but maybe not directly shown)

Tasks can have hyperlinks - need to use the actual url though and not rename it.