High battery drain & right side scroll bar to scroll through notes not working.

The right sided scroll bar useful for scrolling in big notes doesnot work.(reported this issue 5 times via support ticket)

After latest update currently there is high battery drain issue on ipad version. My ipad pro battery lasts for atleast 18hrs continous usage but with evernote its only 2hrs.

My evernote data is more than 1.5gb and there is no other app which supports this format so i dont wish to switch. Please fix/give a solution.

• Level 5

The high battery drain is most likely the result of iOS 14.6. It is known that this iOS release has a battery drain problem - just check in one of the Apple forums. It is expected Apple will issue a fix soon.

The side bar works on my iOS devices - but it is indeed not very large and hard to hit. 

It is in general better to create smaller notes, with less scrolling. You can link them together with EN links. They allow to jump between related notes without the need to put all into one note.

4 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

The high battery drain is most likely the result of iOS 14.6. It is known that this iOS release has a battery drain problem - just check in one of the Apple forums. It is expected Apple will issue a fix soon.

The side bar works on my iOS devices - but it is indeed not very large and hard to hit. 

It is in general better to create smaller notes, with less scrolling. You can link them together with EN links. They allow to jump between related notes without the need to put all into one note.

How to link together with EN links? Its not iOS 14.6 issue otherwise would have happened with other apps also. 
please do share details about en links. Thanks

• Level 5

My EN runs way behind other apps in battery drain, the top runner is Safari. I have noticeable less battery range after installing iOS 14.6, confirmed as a problem by Apple support.

About linking:

Open a note, hit the  3 dots. From the menu now select „copy internal link“. You get a confirmation box.

Now open another note that you want to link. Click somewhere, from the little menu select paste. The link is inserted, carrying the name of the target note.

By clicking on the link you are taken to the note. By clicking back you are at the note again to which it was embedded.

On desktop where you can select multiple notes, you can build a Table of Content from links. This is possible as well on EN iOS - but takes a lot of copy & paste.

You can check in attached screenshot on battery consumption by app. I hope you can understand issue with last update of evernote. Its not ios issue because i dont use podcasts and ios issue is with podcast users.

EDB541AE-B9F6-42D4-86EB-3E8E003AE468.png

DEF2A366-6677-4471-AD9A-4E47647A68DF.png

• Level 5

Yes, I know that function in iOS settings. The percentage is computed not from total capacity, but of what was used. If an app uses 20%, and 10% in total was consumed, the app has used 2% of the total charge.

As I said, I have noticed (as others) that with 14.6 battery consumption went way up.

Beside this the Pro (especially the smaller one) is always eating faster through its batteries than the other iPads. It simply packs more punch into the same form factor & battery size.

• Level 5

May be, depends as well on what you do in EN. EN is practically an app running inside of a (invisible) browser. It is concerning energy not as good as a native app. On the other hand it is easier to maintain and develop.

If you think it is too much you can ask support about it.

Another option is to uninstall and reinstall. Dump all data when asked, and switch the iPad off and on again between uninstalling and reinstalling. Whether this will change anything no idea.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Level 5

You were using EN for nearly 3 hours active time. Since you don’t show the total battery consumption, the 49% only tell that about half of what was used was consumed by running EN for 3 hours. This could be 49% of the total, if your battery went dead, or 4.9% if you used 10%.

Another 3 hours for Chrome, and 3,5 hours for the next 4 apps. This adds up to nearly 10 hours of app use.

Personally I would say it is looking good when you can have 10hours of use time from a mobile device.