Can't set default notebook

I've read the help topic for how to set your default notebook on Mac but when I select Notebooks and then select the notebook I want to make the default and click on the three dots... there is no selection for "Make default Notebook". The list from the three dots for more options is below. Would really appreciate any help. Thank you! j

Screen Shot 2021-06-18 at 5.02.52 PM.jpg

On 6/18/2021 at 10:07 PM, jwofford said:

I've read the help topic for how to set your default notebook on Mac but when I select Notebooks and then select the notebook I want to make the default and click on the three dots... there is no selection for "Make default Notebook". The list from the three dots for more options is below. Would really appreciate any help. Thank you! j

That's the menu I get if I use the three dots menu for my default notebook. ie no option to make it the default notebook (because it already is) and "delete notebook" greyed out (because you can't delete the default notebook). I would try changing it on the web version and also raising a support ticket.

• Level 5

To change the default notebook using a mobile client, go to settings-notebooks and select your default notebook there.

All notebooks can be deleted from the 3 dots menu except the default one. Be aware that the notes will be moved to the trash.

They can be recovered, but only to an existing notebook. Deleting notebooks with notes in them should be done with care.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, I could really use some help. I do not have any "delete notebook" option, greyed out or not. I am in Notebook View, looking at the list that appears at the far right. It simply  isn't an option. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a Premium member and I am using a Personal account. In either the web or Mac version, I'm having the same issue, except in my case I can set the default notebooks with some, but not others. Also, the web clipper instructions for setting the default notebook state I should have options at the bottom of the pop-up, but I do not have the option of Options, so to speak. I've sent in a support ticket and will report if they have a fix.

93963791_ScreenShot2021-07-24at1_53_51PM.thumb.png.5869d62fc6a2592693f353f9357518c0.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-24 at 1.54.11 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-24 at 1.55.34 PM.png

• 8 months later...