Tasks in Tables

atherts

Idea

Looks like you can't create a task inside of a table cell.
It looks like it happens in Windows and in iOS.

Is that intentional or will that be possible in the future?

• Like 1

19 replies to this idea

Yep - and vice versa: You cannot embed tables inside other types of text (bulleted lists, other tables a.s.o.).
Looks like this (new) kind of text blocks are allowed only on top level of any nesting rules.
But I'm sure (hope for us all) that there will come up nesting possibilities like in Notion 😉

I tried to add Tasks inside a table and it wasn't possible.

It's interesting because you can use just a table for the week and Tasks for each week day.

• Like 1

Very excited about the new tasks feature, and already becoming to depend on it.

However I use a lot of tables to organize information from meetings, sessions etc. which give rise to tasks.

Unfortunately you cannot create a task within a table (alongside the notes/minutes that gave rise to it).

Would be great if tasks could be created within tables.

• Like 1

Evernote have advised that this will be a coming feature and this with a lot of other user feedback is in development to be added to Tasks. 

For now it is a matter of patience. 

• Like 1

I wanted to embed a task inside a table and the task option is greyed out.  If possible, please share.  If not, please work to make it possible.

thanks in advance for the help.

Just dropping in to say that the people really want tasks in tables. So essential for meeting notes and project planning, both of which rely heavily on tables and tasks. To not be able to use them together is a major bummer.

• Level 5*
29 minutes ago, MorganT said:

Just dropping in to say that the people really want tasks in tables.

This feature request has two user votes   
The vote button is at the top left corner of the discussion

I have an issue in iOS. when I try to create task inside table in iOS it simply does not respond. I have personal templates for weekly and monthly planner, if i could use tasks inside it then it would be much more effective in scheduling. 

Voted for it.