Does legacy no longer sync with Evernote Web?

• Level 5*
43 minutes ago, whyisthissohard said:

I have 6.25 and the older Android app and just noticed when I was logging into the web that things aren't syncing. I rarely use the web version but last time I checked things were still syncing. Did I miss a change or an announcement?

Hi.  No - I'm using Evernote for Windows 6.25 "Classic",  Android 8.13 and -occasionally- the web;  and they're all syncing together for me.

Tips for troubleshooting syncing issues

• Level 5

It does sync between legacy and v10, both on the desktop, the web or on mobile. The master copy is on the server.

This is the general direction.

I have had cases where v10 upsynced device-server, but did not downsync for a while. Not always, and because it says „all content is actual“ it is hard to notice.

Legacy can be pushed to sync - I hope we get something like this for the desktop clients as well.

The iOS clients from my experience sync reliably, including selected offline content. They have sync enforcing options.

• Level 5*
On 6/17/2021 at 8:00 AM, whyisthissohard said:

I have 6.25 and the older Android app and just noticed when I was logging into the web that things aren't syncing. I rarely use the web version but last time I checked things were still syncing. Did I miss a change or an announcement?

Same as @gazumped things seem to be syncing (except I use IOS V10).  However, I do pay special attention on IOS as it's not 100% reliable.  I sync twice when I enter/exit the platform.

5 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

The web can’t „not sync“. It goes directly on the server data base, no need to sync.

If there is a difference, one of the other devices has a sync problem.

If the two devices have the exact same notes, then which one has a "sync problem"? 

• Level 5

Maybe none, I didn’t start to talk about sync problems. 

In general all devices sync to the server master copy, and all devices receive their syncs from there. There is no direkt device to device sync between clients. And the web client shows what is on the server.

By Definition the web client can’t have a sync problem, because it works directly on the master copy.

2 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Maybe none, I didn’t start to talk about sync problems. 

In general all devices sync to the server master copy, and all devices receive their syncs from there. There is no direkt device to device sync between clients. And the web client shows what is on the server.

By Definition the web client can’t have a sync problem, because it works directly on the master copy.

So the two devices sync to the master copy on the server and the web uses this copy. If that's the case I really don't understand how I can make changes on both clients and these changes sync to both Android and the Legacy program but aren't visible on the web. 

• Level 5*
19 hours ago, whyisthissohard said:

So the two devices sync to the master copy on the server and the web uses this copy. If that's the case I really don't understand how I can make changes on both clients and these changes sync to both Android and the Legacy program but aren't visible on the web. 

Add a note using the web version and see if it appears on either client post syncing on those clients.

• Like 1