(Archived) Thanks/Tags and Untagged Notes

I just sent this to support. It's not an issue but something I'd like to see happen. Figured I'd post it here for good measure to make sure it gets to the right people.

"Just wanted to throw some comments your way. Great program, love it. Easy to use, very utilitarian, I use it on a daily basis. Having said that there are a few things that would be nice to see happen to the tags system as it seems to be missing a few things that you commonly see with tags systems.

I don't seem to be able to find any way to view a list of my notes that currently do not have any tags on the web, Mac, or iOS versions. Being able to have that list would be nice so I could go back and categorize all my notes that I failed to categorize when I created them.

Also, on the iOS app version of Evernote there is no way to group my notes by what tag or tags are assigned, or view a list of tags that I can select to bring me to a list of notes assigned to that tag.

Thank you for some very awesome software. I'll be signing up for a premium account after writing this note as I hate being one of those freemium freeloading douche bags."

Also, on the iOS app version of Evernote there is no way to group my notes by what tag or tags are assigned, or view a list of tags that I can select to bring me to a list of notes assigned to that tag.

On the iPhone:

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=17178&p=70424&hilit=advanced#p70424

Thank you for some very awesome software. I'll be signing up for a premium account after writing this note as I hate being one of those freemium freeloading douche bags."

There may have been a more diplomatic way of stating that. Especially here on the forum.

There may have been a more diplomatic way of stating that. Especially here on the forum.

I don't seem to be able to find any way to view a list of my notes that currently do not have any tags on the web, Mac, or iOS versions. Being able to have that list would be nice so I could go back and categorize all my notes that I failed to categorize when I created them.

I set up a "Untagged Notes" saved search for All Notebooks with property "-tag:*" via EN Win 3.5 client.

Just tested the search on Web(Chrome) and iOS4.1(iPod Touch). No problems.

Needed to specifically set context on EN Win 4.0 to All Notes before it worked.

Used the advanced search functions that B&F pointed out to access the saved search, however, noticed that I could not create the search on the Touch as "*" (star) is not available on the keyboard.

Archived