Evernote Web stopped working on Firefox

Hello All, I cannot login at all to my account for about 4 days now. After a successful login, I am simply receiving:

"Sorry, we’re having some trouble loading Evernote Web.Try reloading the page."

Firefox 89.0.1 (64-bit)

I tried multiple instances, even two different devices, same thing.
I tried logging in Microsoft Edge, it appears to load, you can work but after a minute it just blanks with the same error.

8 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

You are on the Basic plan, which only allows 2 devices to be connected. The web client is counted as one client.

I think this wasn't a problem (at least with me), I have tried on the fresh new gmail account then sign in to Evernote and still get the "Sorry, we’re having some trouble loading Evernote Web. Try reloading the page." error (on three different browsers: Chrome, Edge and Firefox). Then I figured out, when I turn off the checkbox "Enable V10+ web clients" and I can login Evernote again but at version 5.33. I wonder how can I experience the new v10 on web client? Do I have to change to premium plan to get it?

this is also happening to me for the past week. I only had web and my mobile as allowed devices and web would not and still does not connect.

update: it does now allow me to connect to web, however i needed to unsync web and connect to windows client, then unsync windows client to connect to web

seeing as how i wasted 2 unsyncs on this problem caused by evernote, I will soon be switching to another platform.

Edited by cbright07
update

I did. and now it allows me to use evernote web. But as a free user, i apparently only have 2 unsyncs left. If evernote decides to break again I will no longer be able to access my notes

so i will be looking for alternatives

I use my notes for work, I cant afford to be locked out for a month. And clearly it doesn't matter if im not hopping devices, because i was locked out randomly and needed to revoke access multiple times to get back in

• Level 5

If you use an app (any app) for work, you do this at your own risk when you are on a free account. If you want to be sure to have access when you need it, subscribe.

On a basic account you live off the mercy of someones marketing Budget.

• Like 1

buddy, ive been using evernote for well over a decade, it's always been free to use, and didn't start strong-arming its users into paying until the last few. which actually is when the service quality took a nosedive. What used to be a simple service that just worked, is now plagued with connectivity issues, restricting user access, and every new iteration is slower and less intuitive than the last.

I'm happy to pay a reasonable cost for a service that makes my life easier, but the past few years have been increasingly frustrating. frankly your "If you want to have access when you need it, pay us money" dismissive, elitist attitude is a straight up mob protection racket. Whether I am on a free tier or a paid tier, the service should provide the same level of connectivity. Fewer issues, bugs, problems, are not included in premium tiers.

This has been a long time coming, but you just cemented it for me. There are an abundance competing platforms out there that I'm happy to throw my money at

• Level 5

See, sometimes it just needs a few open words from user to user to let the sun of wisdom shine.

When you were using EN for 10 years for free, IMHO you should be grateful for 10 years of other people paying for you. I don‘t argue about EN to let this go on and on, they get my money for what service they provide for me. If they had anything left to keep you on a welfare ticket, it does not reduce what I got.

But given you got more than zero value out of it (I assume), and that things are so bad for you recently as you describe (…), you made your cut already. So be happy. There are services out there where the free model is 50 notes, and then it is pay or leave, or 1 month, and sayonara, etc. Wish you luck in finding the hidden nugget under a lot of rocks.