Evernote/Google Calendar sync

Max013

Idea

34 replies to this idea

Even just a one-way sync from Evernote Tasks (and preferably Note Reminders too) to Google Calendar would be great for me.  I have lots of entries on my calendar that don't need to be Evernote tasks (like if school is letting off early one day or our housecleaner is coming).  So I would need to have a way to indicate in Google Calendar which tasks I do want to become notes versus those I don't.  And at that point it would be easier to just enter the yes-note tasks in Evernote directly (letting them Sync to Google Calendar), and I could add the no-note tasks directly to Google Calendar without cluttering my Evernote.

• Like 4

Hi 

I like to work from my Microsoft Calendar. It will be great if I could create tasks with date, start time and end time (or duration) in Evernote. For these tasks to automatically appear in my Microsoft Calendar. The tasks will block time in my Calendar. This means I have my meetings and tasks all in one place to plan my day. 

• Level 5*

Third party Cronofy implements a two way Evernote sync, based on the note reminder date 

I'm an Apple Calendar user, but my calendar use is for event based notes    
I use a Gantt chart view for my task notes

>>without a way to plan the execution of the task, it's just useless

The Evernote Tasks feature provides views of tasks based by due date   
This information would be useful in planning my day

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Given Evernote's existing links with the Google ecosystem I can imagine that they might add something for Google Calendar in due course,  but Microsoft may be a stretch... maybe an export from Evernote tasks to ICS format to be imported into any calendar app would help? 

In the meantime there's Cronofy - https://evernote.cronofy.com/ - plus all the automation tools like IFTTT and Zapier that might have suitable apps (or zaps) to help...

I installed Cronofy and linked it to my Office365 email - no tasks pulled into my Calendar. 

I agree with @DaveJustDave direct integration always better. For an everyday PC user who doesn't have expert IT skills, 3rd party apps and workarounds, rarely work. 

The introduction of tasks was a great idea.  I'm asking Evernote to consider expanding the concept.

I recently installed an app from Moleskine, the notebook company, call Journey. I think it was some interesting functionality.

It is integrated with my calendar and Apple Reminders as well as its own user created tasks.  There are "Projects" which is a very simple version of Evernote notes and notebooks.  There is a "Today" page which shows my calendar meetings/events, Apple reminders and Journey tasks for the day. My commitments for the day are in one place.

Imagine having that functionality with the power of Evernote!!

The home page could be a dashboard of everything that's important to you. Events/Reminders, tasks and Evernote links to notes relevant to the day. Links to contacts to phone. Zoom call links. That dashboard would always be open on my phone or iPad. 

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, LesT said:

There are "Projects" which is a very simple version of Evernote notes and notebooks.  There is a "Today" page which shows my calendar meetings/events, Apple reminders and Journey tasks for the day. My commitments for the day are in one place.

Apart from the "integrated with calendar and Apple Reminders" that sounds like a description of how Tasks already works in Evernote.  GIven that Tasks is a beta release under further development,  there's every reason to hope that more - including calendar syncs - will follow...

Is it possible to show tasks due times on Google Calendar? I see a new beta feature called "Calendar Event" but can't seem to find any information about it and thus not sure if it is related to showing Tasks on the calendar. I use Cronofy to sync Evernote Note Reminders to Google Calendar (which works great, by the way), but really need Tasks to also show up on Google Calendar.

Thanks

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
2 hours ago, Shabir said:

Connecting Evernote tasks to Outlook Calendar will be transformative 

Haha yeah I looked into it a bit more and saw how unrealistic it would be. If the tasks would work with Google calendar than I could work with that. 

What do you think about create a sincronization between Google Calendar and Evernote in order to make Tasks works better than just simply create a single task? Create a Evernote Task without a sense of time, I mean, without a way to plan the execution of the task, it's just useless.

We should be able to move the task along the calendar. So, it makes sense to be a two way sync - Evernote to Calendar AND Calendar to Evernote.

Thanks for the post. I knew about Cronofy - still waiting to use and try it.

I understood your point of view but let's make a mental exercise. For example, I couldn't achieve my daily goals for my tasks. So, in this case, I must reschedule the task, moving it through the next days until I got some space on my agenda to get it done. For me, moving this task it's easier to do on my agenda than in Evernote because I can easy get a weekly view or even a monthly view. With a weekly view, I can be able to reschedule the task SEEING the others events, compromises and tasks at the same time. Otherwise, based only in Evernote, I can't see the others events. Make sense to you?

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
On 6/24/2021 at 4:56 AM, Luiz Henrique Oriani said:

moving this task it's easier to do on my agenda than in Evernote

I can see the use case for this   
Someone pointed out the tasks could be a separate calendar; hidden or displayed as required   
Also useful for time-boxing the work

• Like 1
  • Level 5

„Someone“ was me - in most calendar apps you can create additional calendars. Create one for tasks, sync it with tasks (when implemented by EN), toggle it on an off by making this specific calendar visible or hidden.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
2 horas atrás, PinkElephant disse:

„Someone“ was me - in most calendar apps you can create additional calendars. Create one for tasks, sync it with tasks (when implemented by EN), toggle it on an off by making this specific calendar visible or hidden.

That's the way Outlook proceed with its syncronization with Google Calendar. And I appreciate this idea. I'll do it for sure when available.

• Like 1
On 6/18/2021 at 6:31 AM, Shabir said:

I installed Cronofy and linked it to my Office365 email - no tasks pulled into my Calendar. 

I agree with @DaveJustDave direct integration always better. For an everyday PC user who doesn't have expert IT skills, 3rd party apps and workarounds, rarely work. 

AND... 3rd party apps often come with a price tag!

If Evernote can't sync Tasks into my Google Calendar, I'll probably stick with Todoist (app). It is cumbersome to have all these different apps trying to keep track of everything. Things inevitably get lost, at least for me, and I find duplicating tasks over different apps to be inefficient.

Bonjour à tous, 

Je rencontre un soucis avec le widget Agenda. Après avoir bien vérifié que toutes les règles de partages étaient bien conforme, je vois bien l'agenda de mon associé et le but de ses rendez-vous quant au miens les rendez-vous ne contiennent aucune information dans le widget et mentionne "Sans Titre"  

Je n'arrive pas à résoudre cela, je préférerais l'inverse voir mon planning et avoir en sans titre les information de mon associé. 

Merci de vos réponses éventuelles , je précise que les règles de partage de google agenda sont pourtant respecté.  

Bien à vous 

image.png.d8a5f15f7556113800bdc6e0906277ae.png

Voting and requesting for Evernote Tasks to appear in Google Calendar. This helps with a bird's eye view of events, meetings, tasks etc things that are scheduled, to appear on my calendar. Syncs up everything's that gonna happen for me and stop me from overbooking a day when I am supposed to complete scheduled tasks. 

• Like 1

Hi,
Are there any news to this? To me it looks like EN tasks still are independet of the Google Calender sync?

Neither a real tasks sync between the two, nor a dedicated Google Calender sync for EN tasks is available, right?

That is truly unfortunate, because it would provide the ultimate functionality. I have been following this closely with eager anticipation.

I would also love to see two way sync between Remarkable 2 and Evernote, that would be wonderful. I won't be buying a Remarkable until they sort this out.