In a note on Android, I can open pdf attachments but can't share them. If I hold and press on the attached, it doesn't give me me an option. If I open and then try to hit the share button and choose email, the receiver gets this and no attachment

Subject line - NeutronShare:application/pdf

Body - 

file:///data/user/0/com.evernote/cache/evernoteCache/10536770/noteStore/36fb669e-687c-4878-93d3-77388ffe7ff2/0e2596213c61d459e03c9a53bb195c48 

Body
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, same "terrible" problem on last Evernote Android version 10.11... with old version (I don't remember the exact version) all working fine.

I have search (without success) if it's possible open PDF attachment into evenrnote notebook with an external app so from mobile app I cannot share pdf (and also any other attachment).... please Evernote please help us to fix this!!!!

Thanks

PS: I've Evernote Premium!

• Level 5

You can’t open a pdf (or other) attachment in v10 with another app, and later save it back.

You can download it to the phone, and then open it from there with another app. You can as well share it to an app.

To do this, click first on the blue „Edit“ button, then a short click on the attachment. When it has a blue rim, you have below some symbols.

• The down arrow is to download
  • Behind the 3 dots are more options, among them the option to share the attachment

You can send it through this to another app, but (on my tests) when you edit it there, and close it, it does not save back. So to get the changes back into EN, you need to share from the other app, and it will create a new note.

Some clicks, but this is the current way to work with attachments.

1 hour ago, PinkElephant said:

You can’t open a pdf (or other) attachment in v10 with another app, and later save it back.

You can download it to the phone, and then open it from there with another app. You can as well share it to an app.

To do this, click first on the blue „Edit“ button, then a short click on the attachment. When it has a blue rim, you have below some symbols.

• The down arrow is to download
  • Behind the 3 dots are more options, among them the option to share the attachment

You can send it through this to another app, but (on my tests) when you edit it there, and close it, it does not save back. So to get the changes back into EN, you need to share from the other app, and it will create a new note.

Some clicks, but this is the current way to work with attachments.

Many many thanks it working perfect, before I've try all but I never see this "sub-menu".... isn't intuitive, for me can be better solution to, without edit a note, add a menu near any attachment to do this things.

Thanks for your support!!

• Like 1