Search function doesn't find existing text

I've tried to search for "UF6530", which is in an old note among other text "01UF6530N0", and Evernote isn't able to find that note.

It's not the first time that I notice that Evernote can't find such things.

What's the problem please?

Storing lots of data on Evernote and later can't find it is not what I expect.

Thanks for your quick response Gazumped, but one of the beauty of a good Search function is to find text within a string, not just at the beginning.

It's really annoying that Evernote doesn't have a proper search :-(((((

By the way, the link that you provided doesn't seem to match the new UI, as I can't find those search dropdowns.

• Level 5*
13 minutes ago, Andrés said:

he beauty of a good Search function is to find text within a string, not just at the beginning

But sadly we're dealing with reality and Evernote's published specs which define that substrings are not currently searchable.

The link I provided was for search terms like "resource:application/pdf" which is typed into the search box to ID notes with PDF attachments - there are no 'dropdowns' in search.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • Level 5

Search for typical filler words like the, and, or etc. are ignored. EN will not search for them, because results will be irrelevant, and too many are to be found to finish the search operation in a meaningful period of time.

You need to search for words with a specific meaning.