Interesting "Lock" icon when moving notes

There is an interesting lock icon that displays and disappears when moving a note. It happens in a blink of an eye. I filmed at 120 frames a second to get this image. 

Possible future ability to lock notebooks? Anyone know what this is?

Evernote.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I've also seen that. And, the notebooks with the locks are sometimes listed multiple times, some with the lock and some without. Sometimes there are four listings for the same notebook. I have to choose the "correct" one of the four and then usually two are checkmarked as selected. This was with a new install on a new Samsung S21 Ultra. So far, I've been able to move the note as desired, even though the notebook list is very weird looking.

This happens to me frequently in the Windows client. The application is "locking" the notebook while some background action is going on, I suppose, preventing that notebook from being used.

Sometimes the lock stays on for a lot longer. I have seen locks that persist for more than a few seconds. Very annoying when you are in the middle of an action, having to wait for the lock to go away

• 2 weeks later...

I just did. I have the following problems in my android app version 10.12

• my most important notebook disappeared from the notebook overview
  • When I want to move a note, one or more notebooks are locked
  • When a open a note in one of the locked notebooks, the place where the name of the notebook should be is empty (so weird)
  • So the Android app is pretty much useless at the moment
  • 2 weeks later...

Technical support did some suggestions, but that didn't fix the problem. They can't help any further at this point. They suggested going back to legacy 8.13.3 version and so I did.

I am happy to go back because I also had other problems. When I searched by label it only showed a few of the possible results??! When I search on a whole title, not all notes appear.

Another weird thing is that my total number of notes in the desktop version does not match the web/android version. I synced many times.

It's such a pity. I always loved Evernote, but I am experiencing more and more problems.