iOS devices cannot open the notes of the task

TonyLim

Idea

I have a task created in the notes.  When using iOS (both iPhone and iPad), in Task view, when I click the notes icon, it keeps asking me "Select a note for this task".  But this is a note that I created a task in it.  I don't want/need to attach a note to it.

On my Mac, in Task view, if I click on the note icon, it open the note.

Does anyone face this problem?  Is this a bug?

6 replies to this idea

yesterday I got the feedback from my  EN ticket .  they are aware of the problem and should be solved in the incoming  versions ;  even if not functional  ( due date view) ,  in Windows works fine ,  and from the note view you still can open the note .So , unless you may have hundreds of active task  you may still live with the probelm  while the fixed version comes ( I used to work only with GTD tags ,  it worked but tasks and due dates is so much better ;  I'll wait a bit more to give up,  teh feature doesn't need much to be mature )

• Level 5

Could not reproduce it, maybe we mean two different things:

1. Created a note
  2. Inserted a task into it, blue +
  3. Edited the task (name, date, flag)
  4. closed the note
  5. went to task view

I could open it either by clicking on the note header (taking me to the note) or by clicking on the task (taking me to task editing).

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply.  I did some further testing.  I know where is the problem.

I follow your 5 steps to test.  

• In the Task view (By Note), if you click on the note header, it will open up the note.
  • In the Task view (By Due Date or Flagged), you cannot click on the note header.  you click on the task, it shows the note below.  But when you click the note header/icon, it ask "Select a note for this task"

So, if you use By Due Date or Flagged, you cannot open the note associated with the task.

See if you can reproduce it?

• Level 5

For me when I open the task, it shows the note name below the task title. Independent from the view, tapping on the note name opens the note selection.

For me this is expected behavior: The task is an own entity, that is always embedded into a note. It can be moved any time into another note.

As I understand it, a task needs to be in a note - in any, or if it belongs to none there is that standard tasks note created when opening tasks forschte first time. So there will always a note name show in any task, at any time.

this behavior ( not opening the note from the due date view  ,  but yes from the Note view ) only happens in iOs & iPados ;  in Windows , the note containing the tasks,  can be accessed from both views .

I have issued a ticket to EN , they were not able to provide a solution (  were a bit surprised of the behavior too) and I was expecting  next  version .

For me at least is very useful and necessary to open the note from the task view ,  and usually I mostly use the dy date view ( especially not haviong the collapsable feature in teh note view ,  at a time,  many notes are listed and going by title is far from ideal) 

• Like 1

Yes, I always use By Due Date view to look what task I need to work on today/tomorrow.  then I open the note, which provides more info about the task.  but I cannot open the note from there!

Gave up on Task.  Just not matured and ready to be used.  Back to my tags way of GTD.