How might one search for an empty field? (intitle)

16 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Display notes as a list.  Sort by title.  The blanks will be at the bottom or the top.  If that doesn't work in v10,  it certainly will in Legacy.

Thanks for the quick reply.

What I'm trying to see is all the notes that are using the first line of the note as the title and the "Title" field is actually blank.

As you know Evernote used to default to putting the first line as the title.

If you export to enex from 10 from one of those older notes, the title is "Untitled Note".

So, I guess what I'm looking for is "In v10, which notes have an empty "Title" field.

• Level 5*
23 minutes ago, zxcv654 said:

If you export to enex from 10 from one of those older notes, the title is "Untitled Note".

Ouch.  I'm afraid I didn't know...  I'm still firmly Legacy!  It might still be worthwhile using that version to resolve this - any changes you make will still sync to V10.  The advantage being that in Legacy you can use ENscript and sort on various field names,  and so (hopefully) find the notes you need.  Worst case you could export to ENEX and re-import in v10 to generate the "untitled note" heading and then search for that...  Let us know how you get on!! 

57 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Ouch.  I'm afraid I didn't know...  I'm still firmly Legacy!  It might still be worthwhile using that version to resolve this - any changes you make will still sync to V10.  The advantage being that in Legacy you can use ENscript and sort on various field names,  and so (hopefully) find the notes you need.  Worst case you could export to ENEX and re-import in v10 to generate the "untitled note" heading and then search for that...  Let us know how you get on!! 

I checked with support.  You can search intitle:untitled, but for me that finds only a fraction of the notes that v10 has no title in the metadata.

I learned some things in the process - 

• Like 1