Evernote 10 has won me over (except for printing, which is still a mess)

The past couple of weeks have seen me make a major transition. All of my interaction with Evernote (except for printing) is now through the new Windows 10 app (or via the Web client when I'm booted into Linux). Sure, there are still a few little glitches, like being able to copy images from one note to another, and the fact that I cannot select an image from Evernote and copy it into an editor like IrvanView ... but I'm sure that will all be sorted.

The only time I use the Windows Legacy app is for printing notes to PDF to share with those I have not yet convinced to sign up for Evernote. Legacy still does a beautiful job with it; the new version just doesn't work (not from the app nor from the Web). (There is some sort of scroll-bar image that appears on the right of all pages, not all of the note is printed, and page breaks cut off text lines in the middle, rendering them unreadable in many cases.) But I had a 45-minute online session with one of the Evernote product managers, so I know they know about the problem, and I'm sure they're working on it.

It has taken me a while, but I have to admit that Evernote is heading in the right direction, and I should say so, instead of just posting complaints.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Level 5

Printing is still an issue, as a few other things. On the other hand we‘ve  got a lot of new functions already.

For me the most important positive impact is the feeling „This company is moving ahead again“. They are reliably rolling out one release every month - this is a complete change to before, when they hardly managed to keep up with yearly OS updates.

Keeping this up we can estimate until when missing features will likely arrive.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, PinkElephant said:

Printing is still an issue, as a few other things. On the other hand we‘ve  got a lot of new functions already.

For me the most important positive impact is the feeling „This company is moving ahead again“. They are reliably rolling out one release every month - this is a complete change to before, when they hardly managed to keep up with yearly OS updates.

Exactly. And the new look and feel is just so sharp, especially in dark mode on a large (32"), high-res screen. It's a visual treat to work through the notes during the day. Looking forward to more to come.

Oh, and I'm one of those who said I "didn't ask for home" ... but now I enjoy starting the day with it.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

If I could give a triple like, you would get it.

For Home I decided to use a very „moody“ picture of a nearby lake, with reed, birches and this deep, quiet waters. It is perfect to do away with stress and set the focus. Technically 32“ as well, photo editing level, color calibrated. Black mode is black, real black !

People say „remove the picture, it takes up screen space“ or „remove home“. Maybe they should go and get another monitor as well.

• Like 1
On 6/11/2021 at 6:58 PM, PinkElephant said:

this new behind the scenes is also very promising : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHnkisvhYP0

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having a problem printing from Evernote as well.  May I ask what sort of problems you're experiencing?   When my documents are over 4 pages long Evernote will cut off my last page and only print half of it. 

• Level 5

Printing is a mess with v10. It looks as if the concept of a „page“ is unknown to the v10 client.

The best workaround is to install the legacy client side by side with v10. Notes will sync and can be printed from there.

• 2 weeks later...