"Enable V10+ web clients" made my buggy slow 100% useless V10 client into a productivity tool

Account > Personal Settings > Web Client > Enable V10+ web clients (Performance for large accounts may be slow)

https://www.evernote.com/PersonalSettings.action

I enabled this setting,  and all severe problems I was complaining for long are all magically solved.... Not just for Android client, but on other platforms, Windows, Mac, Web, Evernote clients are fully functional, more reliable, and run at reasonable speed. This is my first time to see V10 runs fast and do something properly, so it's kind of a touching moment.

Unfortunately this is not the solution provided by EN support. I was getting help from them and sent them logs and all, but they never mentioned this. 

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Should have asked, no question. Usually it is one of their first actions to ask which version you are using. The web client always is on the last version, but there is the „classic“ editor to remember. Maybe they just assumed you are already using the v10-version.

Thanks for your comment.

> The web client always is on the last version

Not in my case. I didn't disable "Enable V10+ web clients" setting by myself.  It was the default setting at least for my account with approx. 10k notes.  I thought I was using the latest V10 web client, but actually it was V5. They look very similar actually. Still you can use V10 Android client with the account.  In my case with V10+ web setting disable, V10 Android client crashes, hangs, fails to upload, fails to download, sometimes doesn't even start.  Totally useless app. I found this cure just by luck. I guess other accounts might be saved with this cure.

• Level 5

Yes true, for the large accounts they initially did not allow the new version.

It is still „on choice“, if I remember it correctly, so it is up to the user with a large database to decide. Another case was if you switched between classic and new, and sticked with classic, it would reopen on classic. Good it works for you, and yes, support should have asked.

• Like 1