Evernote is updated quite frequently, but I couldn't care less about all the new features -  I just want to have fixed the bug that causes an evernote.exe process to always takes 30% of my CPU soon after I start using it. Am tired of the frequent freezes this causes, and having to endure the fan noise just because of Evernote. Getting ready to migrate to OneNote over this... 😞

Miss the time when Evernote was a quick and small and stable app on Windows!

Regards,
Espen

evernote_high_cpu.png

• Level 5*
4 hours ago, Espen said:

I just want to have fixed the bug that causes an evernote.exe process to always takes 30% of my CPU soon after I start using it.

As you're a subscriber I'd suggest you contact Support - your logs could help them determine what's causing the issue.  I doubt it's a 'bug' - this is the first comment I've seen recently about CPU use;  if every Windows user had the same problem,  there would have been a little more fuss.  It is interesting that you have several sub-processes going,  though only one is a major cause of CPU traffic...  

https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new

Thank you for providing me with the Support link @gazumped

I agree - if it was a frequent problem it would probably have been fixed long ago. It might be a problem with only one specific (and quite large) note. I'll report it to Support and hope they find out why, and can fix it. 🙂

Cheers,
E

• Like 1

I've reported this issue many times and it even moved back to legacy version for some time (about 4 months).

I hoped it would have been fixed in the meantime but it hasn't.

And it's not limited to a single machine. My colleagues experience the same issue.

CPU usage is so bad that your laptops battery charge won't survive longer meetings. Mine (Dell XPS 13 7390) is dead in 3 hours.