Which plans?

kb123

Idea

I've been on Premium I think probably since 2009.  Will tasks be on that plan?  The messaging around this has been ambiguous so far.  I'd rather not invest time in having a play with tasks if there's going to be a "finally we have a feature to upsell existing customers" moment?  Fingers crossed!

• Like 2

8 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

afaik  Premium users will have access to the Tasks feature

Less certain if the tasks feature will be available to Basic users

• Like 1

Thanks.  I think it's certainly useful in quite a few contexts to be able to taskify Evernote from time to time, where tasks are really bound to notes.  But I guess they need to find the sweet spot for people who want a bit of taskification and those who won't be happy until every Todoist feature is replicated...

I’ve been wondering the same thing since the beta. Honestly, Tasks was enough to finally push me from Plus to Premium again. And I also assume Premium users will have full access. Plus users might have some access that basic users do it have, though maybe not if Home is an example. 

• Thanks 1

This was a big concern for me as well.  As a premium user already, I'd be pissed if I spent the effort to move to this tasks system and then they told me I had to pay even more to keep using them.  I'm sure there would be a huge backlash, but I've seen companies do even dumber things in the past.  The good news is that they've clarified things a bit:

All customers can create and complete tasks. A subscription is only required for some advanced features of tasks, such as accessing tasks from the central Tasks view, setting a due date, or adding task reminders. If you'd like to continue using these features beyond Early Access, you need to upgrade your account to an eligible subscription plan.

It sounds like they are mostly reserving the right to hold back some features from free users.  I wish they would be more clear about the "eligible subscription plan" and say flat-out that premium users will get all task features.  But for now I will give them the benefit of the doubt, and then raise hell later if they try to introduce a "more premium" plan!

• Level 5

EN used to have a pretty one sided relation between paid accounts and free users. I remember something like 1 paid account to 8 free ones.

First I think it is a positive strategy to extend and improve what you get when using EN in general, including the free plan. 2nd if they can only convince 1 out of 8 free users that it is worth (!) subscribing, it would double the subscription base.

This can do more for the economical perspective than raising the premium price to generate some percent of additional income - and risking to loose some of them while doing so.

I'm curious to see how Plus subscriptions are treated. While I hope we'll get the full functionality, or at least more than Basic users, I'm not holding my breath. I assume it'll be a similar case to Home, where the additional features are not available to Plus users.

From EN's perspective, it's likely preferable to nudge Plus users toward the Premium plan rather than giving them a reason to stay with a deprecated plan.

Two weeks pass with no comments from Evernote on the valid questions in this thread might be their answer--that they intend to charge everyone for a separate task subscription.  I would advise no one use it until Evernote provides transparency.  The current language they use is evasive at best.

• Level 5

You are really very intelligently posting your analysis based on an assumption: If EN does not answer, it must mean something EVIL. I mean, not only EVIL, it must be VERY VERY UGLY because they are since 14 days chewing their nails and still have not spilled any of their snake oil sellers prose. CHILLING.

Now I have homework for you: Go and open 10 threads, selected at random (excluding those opened by EN staff, and Tasks where they are active because of the early access trial). In how many EN staff got involved ?

Spoiler: In practically none of them. Because this is a user to user forum, not a place where EN staff would have to explain anything. They may show by, but it is rather the exception than the rule.

Oh sorry, if I just poked a needle into the balloon full of thin hot air.

To answer the question posted again: Since not even the release features of the „official“ tasks are known, nobody can tell which of them will apply for which of the plans, including PLUS. It is not hard to say that PLUS will get more than Basic, and less than Premium / Business.

Since EN said when the Plus plan was closed for new subscriptions, Plus will stay where they are, every feature on top of what Basic gets is a goodie. Personally I hope for a lot of Plus goodies, because a) these are long term users and contributors and b) there will be even more goodies for us Premium subscribers.