Edit button in a note sometimes disappears

In Evernote v10.11 sometimes the edit button at the bottom of a note disappears, I have to close and restart the app to get the edit button to reappear (please see screenshots)

iPad Pro
iPadOS 14.6

7476E41D-1ABF-4162-B3CD-D361DB6B6F66.jpeg

16D56115-8B71-42B0-9804-D8BAED9F2B36.jpeg

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5

Doesn’t seem to be a frequent condition, if I take the postings in this thread a a measure.

Often problems are solved by simply logging out of the app, and back in.

Hint: If you have downloaded content for offline use, it will get lost by logging out.

My reproducable issue was:

I edit a note. Instead of clicking on the upper left green check mark after completion I changed the note by clicking on another note. Then, when I re-enter the original note, the edit button disappears. To get the edit button again I had to go, say, to the home screen and click on the first note again.

Support said, that this is a feature, not a bug: synchronisation will start only after hitting the green check mark or after the action I did (clicking from the home sxreen the note again).

I sort of agree however I think this could have been solved smarter, at least through issuing a warning message or so.

So at the end I accepted this issue and now I make sure to hot the green check mark whenever I am finishes with the note

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5

When I post this answer here, and hit instead of the “Submit Reply“ button the Back button, the answer will not be posted.

Why ? Because it stayed on my browser, not being synced with the web server running this page.

EN works quite similar - think of it as an extension running inside of an invisible browser.

OK, this should explain it. Now, wait, hit “Submit Reply“ first …