Stop changing the interface & home screen!

WanderMan

Idea

you're taking feedback, think of it this way. I've been using Evernote, off and on, for something like ten years. I got very good at using the app the way it was.  I DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO RELEARN IT. I was good at using it before.

I feel like your company has never really grasped this. When I buy a car, I learn how to drive the car, and then for the rest of my life I know how to drive that car. But when I buy your app, I can spend years learning how to use it, and then wake up one morning to find all my skills have been erased and I have to start over. 

I have important documents saved in this app, which I need quick access to. I trusted you to always allow me easy access to those, but instead you constantly make it harder to use. STOP IT. Leave the interface alone!

Use your updates to eliminate the obnoxious load times and don't force to me reinvent the wheel because some programmer on staff thinks it would look cool if he gutted the entire thing and started over
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5

You want to bring this to the attention of EN staff ? Because here you mainly reach other users ?

Then use one of the new features, the feedback option build into the v10 clients.

EN said they will (most likely) not answer, but read and process it all.

I agree with you so much. Unless by absolute necessity - such as increasing accessibility or adapting to new technological requirements - a productivity app should never force major interface changes on users. And it should never, under any circumstances, make changes which increase the time it takes to load the app or reach the productivity aspects.

• Like 3