Options for clipping e-mails from Outlook (windows) into Evernote 10?

Go to solution Solved by LukeGA,

Now that Evernote is sunsetting the legacy version of Evernote, and the Outlook Clipper functionality, what options are available for copying Outlook emails into Evernote 10?  Forwarding an e-mail or copy / pasted into a note are cumbersone when compared to using the legacy Outlook Clipper functionality.  

Am I missing something. or forwarding the e-mail and copy / paste into a new note is all that is available?  

• Level 5*

AFAICS those are the options.  I have some rules set up in Gmail to forward emails based on sender or title keywords which seem to work pretty well. Also it should be possible to use automation apps (Zapier,  IFTTT etc) and AHK to automate forwarding individual emails... My (rather old) installed Outlook app has a feature that allows me to forward and delete an email with one click.

• Level 5*
1 minute ago, Ethan Mings said:

Check for clarity.  There is no Evernote add-on for Outlook?  Is that correct?

Not in v10.  The Outlook add-ins still work with Legacy. 

On 6/6/2021 at 5:40 PM, Dan Smith said:

Am I missing something. or forwarding the e-mail and copy / paste into a new note is all that is available?  

I think you are missing something but only if your email is an office 365 email. They made an Evernote add-on for outlook that works with Evernote v10; you will need to install it from the web version of outlook. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • Level 5

The clipper only works for Outlook 2010 and 2013, and only with the legacy versions.

What does work with all mail programs plus an EN subscription is to send yourself e-Mails from your own mail account. These can be forwarded mails, if your client allows for it even by a script or Makro.

On 7/14/2021 at 8:46 PM, LukeGA said:

Are they working on the outlook plug in, or abandoning it?  This was one of my most-used features.

I haven't seen a response to this question yet: is this feature just coming a little later, or completely anabdoned?

If this feature has been abandoned: why did Evernote marketing decide so?

Just a few folks using it?
Not really possible any longer in more recent versions of Outlook?
Good enough alternatives available?
...?

• Level 5

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360047889234-What-s-new-in-Evernote-for-Windows

Features in the „no longer supported“ section will not return.

About the „why“ we users can only speculate.

You can send any email from outlook right into your EN account. Maybe this was seen as a sufficient solution for storing mails; and it works from all mail programs.

I'm currently using Evernote 'add-in' with outlook (office 365).  Evernote v10.  The add-in is dated may of 2019, so maybe it won't be updated/supported?  However, it's still working and useful to me.  I can use it in the main outlook window that displays the folder tree and a preview screen, but if I open a single email and try to 'save to evernote' then the option is grayed out.  I can here hoping to find out why it was unavailable in that mode, and I guess I found out.  Oh well.

Edit: Just realized that when I am creating a new email, the "save to evernote" button in the toolbar is actually the option to attach an existing evernote note to the email.  odd.