Template Option Disappearing v 10.15.6

• Level 5

???

The option to add and to select templates is still there.

To select use the buttons in a new note - they disappear when you typed the first character into title or note body, but come back when you delete it.

The ability to safe an own template is unchanged: Design the note to your liking, hit the 3 dots top right, select „safe as template“ (maybe you need to scroll down).

There is a limit of 20 own templates - once you hit it, you need to delete one to be able to safe another.

This thread is about keeping the buttons  when you only type into the title field.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 6/14/2021 at 12:03 AM, cwilloch said:

If this is by design, then it is flawed. What is the logic of not giving access to templates after entering a heading??

Completely agreed.

I've been an Evernote user for longer than I can remember, this is one of those non-sensical design decisions from the recent versions that's made the product utterly complicated to use.

I'm not sure what's more annoying on a daily basis between the template shortcut being gone when you create a note and dare giving it a title before aplpying a template (which by the way also now takes 1 extra click: open gallery > My template) or the "+New" button now requiring 2 clicks to create a note, thanks to the prominently displayed "Task" option)