Sorry, we’re having some trouble loading Evernote Web.Try reloading the page

Hi,

after the latest update on Thursday I cannot login into my Evernote account through my browser for 3 days already. It says "Sorry, we’re having some trouble loading Evernote Web.Try reloading the page". I tried to login through Google Chrome and Mozilla Fireworks, neither browser is working. Please correct the issue.

2012870863_.thumb.png.c7e7298e366d7c0bb95f6764feda04f6.png

I’ve noticed that none of my changes from the web are syncing at all. 

EDIT: I was using Chrome, but Edge syncs properly. Looks like it is a EN/Chrome issue.

Edited by JordanK
update

I have the same problem. Since Tuesday (June 8th, 2021), I can no longer log in to Evernote Web with the "Sorry, we’re having some trouble loading Evernote Web.Try reloading the page." message. I have tried both Chrome and Firefox (after a fresh update and reboot), both will not log in. Since I am working on Ubuntu (20.04) / Linux, I do not have an alternative to use a client. I use Evernote for planning my days, so this is quite disruptive for me..

• Level 5

The web client is counted as an own device. So you must be down to 1 device to be able to add another one, including the web browser. There is a cap on the monthly device unsyncs as well - you get a count every time you unsync one.

Yes, this is correct. At present, when I check the devices on my phone's Evernote client (Settings -> Account -> Devices), I only see one device: the phone itself. I then try to log in through the web interface. I type my username and password, get a "Getting started" login screen and a progress bar, which fails and ends in "Sorry, we’re having some trouble loading Evernote Web.Try reloading the page." message. When I check the device list on my phone client again I do see "Evernote Web" now as a second device, even though I have no access to the web client.

• Level 5

OK, this means the initial access is working, as the registration shows. But then something stops the progress.

Using any security software, add blockers ? Is the browser set to a high security level ? Does it accept cookies ? Being behind a firewall with restrictive settings ?

Is it a problem on both browsers mentioned ?

Using any security software, add blockers ?

Chrome: AdBlock, turning it off does not fix the problem.

Firefox: AdBlock Plus, turning it off also does not resolve the issue.

No specific security software, aside from anything Ubuntu has by default (where I have not changed any settings, with Evernote Web working before Tuesday).

Is the browser set to a high security level ? Does it accept cookies ?

Chrome: on "Standard protection", cookies are allowed although a "Do not track" request is sent to browsing traffic. I added evernote.com to cookie whitelist (including third-party), but it did not help.

Firefox: I did use custom tracking protection here (including blocking cookies), but turning it off (to Standard level) does not fix the problem. 

Being behind a firewall with restrictive settings ?

No, I do not use anything specific.

Is it a problem on both browsers mentioned ?

Yes, I have tested Chrome Version 91.0.4472.101 (Official Build) (64-bit) and Firefox 89.0 (64-bit), on Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS.

• Level 5

Sure you have a device left for the login ?

This means you must have only 1 device registered on your account in that moment, because the web client will be your second.

If there are already 2 of them, EN won’t let you enter, showing the problem page instead.

This is really stupid, but in my case, I had to remove a Chrome plugin named "Image Downloader". I have no idea what Evernote's issue with it is, but this really isn't acceptable.  EN has no business trying to "police" my browser plugin selections.

• Level 5

You are on a free account. Free means who has no business with EN is yourself.

In my opinion you have no leverage whatsoever to tell what EN may do, not do or what is acceptable. You are using a free service out of your own free decision. This situation is take it or leave it. If you don’t like it, stop using it. It is that simple.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/12/2021 at 9:18 AM, ppjanka said:

Update: After your suggestion regarding ad blockers, I have played with the other extensions I had installed in my browsers. Both browsers had Web Of Trust installed (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/wot-web-of-trust-website/bhmmomiinigofkjcapegjjndpbikblnp for chrome). Removing this extension resumes my access to Evernote for Web. Thank you for your help!

I can also confirm it was WOT that was causing this issue.  I went into WOT settings and disabled 'Live Blocking', and that fixed the issue.

• 1 month later...
On 7/22/2021 at 12:22 PM, TonyF666 said:

I can also confirm it was WOT that was causing this issue.  I went into WOT settings and disabled 'Live Blocking', and that fixed the issue.

I do not have this extension here (also, I'm using Firefox), but I've disabled all of my extensions and it fixed this issue. Strangely, re-enabling all extensions did not affect - at least yet - Evernote again. Thanks for your comment, Tony! I hope my new info could help someone too.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5
On 6/17/2021 at 3:25 PM, PinkElephant said:

You are on a free account. Free means who has no business with EN is yourself.

In my opinion you have no leverage whatsoever to tell what EN may do, not do or what is acceptable. You are using a free service out of your own free decision. This situation is take it or leave it. If you don’t like it, stop using it. It is that simple.

Wow

• 2 years later...