External Links to OneDrive still not working in IOS (10.11) Version

Hello,

I have still Problems with external Links in the IOS Version of Evernote (Version 10.11).

If I create an external (share) Link in my OneDrive Account and use them in a note in Evertnote it only works in the MacOS Version and the Web Version. The link doesn't work in the IOS Version. Everytimes I want to use the link from the IOS Version, it shows me a Login Page from outlook.live - it will not open the target page. That is independend to other open Apps or Logins (i.e. Onedrive, Browsers...). If I use the Link direkt on any IOS Device in any Browser, it works always fine (also if I am don't login into any Microsoft Account...).

In later IOS Evernote Version the link didn't open at all (because of some issues with a special sign in the OneDrive link???). Now it ist opening but not on the right page (so it is useless). Still after half a year waiting, I can't realy use external Links in Evernote IOS! Ist there any solution for this problem? Do you also know this kind of problem with other external links and the Evernote IOS Version?

• Level 5

Maybe try support on this one.

Thinking out loud (and not really knowing) I assume it has to do with the sandboxing applied by iOS. Have you got other iOS apps (not a Browser, Browsers are another issue) for which the OneDrive links work ?

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, CpSchütz said:

Hello,

I have still Problems with external Links in the IOS Version of Evernote (Version 10.11).

If I create an external (share) Link in my OneDrive Account and use them in a note in Evertnote it only works in the MacOS Version and the Web Version. The link doesn't work in the IOS Version. Everytimes I want to use the link from the IOS Version, it shows me a Login Page from outlook.live - it will not open the target page. That is independend to other open Apps or Logins (i.e. Onedrive, Browsers...). If I use the Link direkt on any IOS Device in any Browser, it works always fine (also if I am don't login into any Microsoft Account...).

In later IOS Evernote Version the link didn't open at all (because of some issues with a special sign in the OneDrive link???). Now it ist opening but not on the right page (so it is useless). Still after half a year waiting, I can't realy use external Links in Evernote IOS! Ist there any solution for this problem? Do you also know this kind of problem with other external links and the Evernote IOS Version?

How are you creating the link?  I just added a link to a note using 6.25.1 desktop and the link was clickable in new IOS.  I used the share option in the web version of OneDrive - copied the link and pasted it into the note.  FWIW.

ScreenClip.png.b2abd3fe546b6349d62d574354ae52bd.png

Thanks for your idea. The same link works fine with other apps on the same IOS Device. For Example Craft (it also creates automaticly an prewview), also on Nimbus. So it is not a general problem with the IOS or the Device...

How are you creating the link?  I just added a link to a note using 6.25.1 desktop and the link was clickable in new IOS.  I used the share option in the web version of OneDrive - copied the link and pasted it into the note.

Thank you for your post. I created the link in the same way you did. It seems to work now for a shared file (I tested it, and it works) - that's a good message😃.

But it seems not to work, if you create a shared link for a "Folder" in the OneDrive Cloud...

• Level 5*
10 minutes ago, CpSchütz said:

Thank you for your post. I created the link in the same way you did. It seems to work now for a shared file (I tested it, and it works) - that's a good message😃.

But it seems not to work, if you create a shared link for a "Folder" in the OneDrive Cloud...

You are welcome,  I just tested the same process with a folder and it worked for me whether I created the link via the desktop or the web.  FWIW.

• Thanks 1

That is strange - Now I tested it with a new IOS Smartphone - the same Link works here fine. So it must be a problem with the IPad (normaly that is my main mobile device). So perhaps here is some special issue with Evernote and external links of shared folders with IPadOS...

Did you also tested it with IOS or IPadOS?

• Level 5*
6 hours ago, CpSchütz said:

That is strange - Now I tested it with a new IOS Smartphone - the same Link works here fine. So it must be a problem with the IPad (normaly that is my main mobile device). So perhaps here is some special issue with Evernote and external links of shared folders with IPadOS...

Did you also tested it with IOS or IPadOS?

Tested with my Phone.  Will try iPad later if I can remember....