Importing plaintext, RTF, or Word docs (EN Mac 10.15.6)

I have a few hundred notes in form of plaintext, rich text, and some Word docs, and I've been looking for a way to import these files into evernote so I can have access to them on-the-go and such. Apparently the accepted method of importing these kinds of files is to drag and drop them into the evernote app. Unless I'm missing something, all this does is add the imported file as an attachment within a note; no way to edit the contents or view without an external application. 

This functionality seems pretty useless to me, and I can't believe there isn't more mention of this in the forums.

With EN legacy, dragging and dropping plaintext and RTF files converts them straight into an editable note. Why hobble the import feature in newer EN versions???

Will EN v10+ have a better way to import/convert files into notes?

• Level 5*

Hi.  'Import Folders' is (still) on the "coming soon" list and if/when they appear they should -hopefully- work as they do in Legacy Windows;  any file dropped into that folder will be automatically imported.  Not clear yet whether text or rich text will become notes or attachments. 

On 6/5/2021 at 3:07 PM, Assman said:

With EN legacy, dragging and dropping plaintext and RTF files converts them straight into an editable note. Why hobble the import feature in newer EN versions???

I actually quite like the treatment of plain text files. It stays as plain text and yet I can see and search it in EN. If I want to edit it I can use my preferred editor.

The ability to keep html files as an attachment is another change that I personally welcome.

• Like 1