[Fixed in Version 10.12] Stuck on “Introducing Tasks” screen (iOS)

AndersL

Idea

26 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Hi all,

As some users have reported, we are seeing reports that some users cannot move past the “Introducing Tasks” screen when they open their Evernote mobile app.

If you have been affected by this issue, we apologize for the trouble it has caused you. 

The root cause is likely that the size of your text, combined with the size of your screen, is pushing the “Take a tour” and “Remind me later” buttons (which allow you to move past the introduction page) off the viewable screen. 

Our development team is aware of it and working on a fix. 

Until the fix is in place, you can get past the “Introducing Tasks” screen by temporarily adjusting your default font size. Here are the steps:

1. Open the iOS **Settings** app.
  2. Go to **Accessibility** and unselect "Larger text."

If that doesn't work, try the following:

2. Go to **Display & Brightness > Text Size** and move the dot to the smaller size (slide it to the left).

Once you can get past the introduction screen in Evernote, you can return your text size to your desired settings. The introduction screen is only shown once and should not be an issue again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Ex Employees
5 hours ago, AndersL said:

How do I close the splash screen about the new task feature when opening the iOS app? iPhone 7 with latest release.

For others who might have a similar problem: If you have accessibility features enabled, specifically a larger text size, you may get stuck on the Tasks introduction screen, unable to proceed. Please temporarily disable the accessibility (i.e. reduce text size) and go back to the Evernote app. You should hopefully be able to then see the button to take the tour of the Tasks feature. You can re-enable the accessibility afterwards.

We are working to fix this issue, but the above is how to work around the problem for now. I apologize for the inconvenience.

• Like 1
  • Ex Employees

FYI, a similar menu can be accessed via Settings -> Display & Brightness -> Text Size. They both adjust the same setting, though the Accessibility menu allows for larger sizes.

I cannot use Evernote anymore because of a banner that fill all screen and give no options to close it. What should I do? I want to use Evernote on my phone. It seems there's a button bellow "Termos de serviço do Acesso Antecipado", but the banner does not scroll. It's so frustrating! I Hope someone can help me.

image.thumb.png.d69c6ef6cd120c64807163854b584037.png

For the last 3 days, when I open Evernote I get a pop up inviting me to trial Tasks, that I can't remove or close. So I can't see any of my notes. I tried uninstalling and re installing the app, no good. Any ideas? 

Hi there,

Impossible to leave this page (see attached image) on an "old Iphone" (SE model).
No possibility to close, no possibility to swip, nothing!
What is the solution to be able to continue using the application?

Thanks.

evern.jpg

IT LOCKED ME OUT. MY IOS APP IS NOW STUCK ON THE “Try it Free Early Access” page. Clicked the terms of service. NOTHING!!!! Logged in and out, deleted and reloaded. Please! What’s the secret?  I need to get into notes for my job. 

1 hour ago, Scott T. said:

@USGILDAV, did you try the steps suggested above and it didn't work? I'm assuming you are on iOS? Did you try going to Settings -> Display & Brightness -> Text Size and moving the slider to the left to decrease the text size? Once you've done that, if you go back to the Evernote app, the button to continue should hopefully be visible. We've got a fix for the issue coming soon.

If this isn't working, please provide more information on what phone model and OS you are on. Thank you.

The first time around, it did not work. Just got a chance to try again and it worked this time. 
THANK YOU!!!!!!  Life saver. It’s sad that I’m so dependent on this darn phone and apps like EN, but it is what it is I suppose. 

thanks again. 

• Like 1
On 6/7/2021 at 6:33 AM, Audrey Bluegirl said:

Hi

I have the same problem and tried to reduce the text size as per @Scott T. instructions but it doesn't work. 

My phone is a 2016 Apple iPhone SE

IMG_5466.PNG

Exactly the same problem for me: impossible to access the button even with the text size reduced to the minimum!

• Level 5

Try to set system language to English and text size to minimal, open it again and confirm the start screen.

Once you confirmed it and maybe finish the little tutorial, it will not come back. You can return to your usual settings then.

• Ex Employees

@PinkElephantGreat suggestion. Certain languages are definitely longer and more verbose and may be contributing to the problem. We have a fix that will make the whole screen scrollable, but this is another thing to try before we get that out. We're also investigating other ways to fix the issue without a code push.

• Thanks 1

I'm having a problem.  I have a Plus account.  I get the splash screen that says "try it free during early access" but can't get past that screen.   I'm on an iphone XR.  If this is not the right place for this question, please let me know how to get help.

• Level 5

If you search the forum, you find numerous similar posts, and numerous times the solution:

You have set a large system font.

Go to iOS settings, display & brightness or accessibility. Set the system text size to small 

You can now access the confirmation button 

When done, you can return to your standard settings 

On 6/8/2021 at 4:38 PM, Shane D. said:

Hi all,

As some users have reported, we are seeing reports that some users cannot move past the “Introducing Tasks” screen when they open their Evernote mobile app.

If you have been affected by this issue, we apologize for the trouble it has caused you. 

The root cause is likely that the size of your text, combined with the size of your screen, is pushing the “Take a tour” and “Remind me later” buttons (which allow you to move past the introduction page) off the viewable screen. 

Our development team is aware of it and working on a fix. 

Until the fix is in place, you can get past the “Introducing Tasks” screen by temporarily adjusting your default font size. Here are the steps:

2. Go to **Accessibility** and unselect "Larger text."

If that doesn't work, try the following:

2. Go to **Display & Brightness > Text Size** and move the dot to the smaller size (slide it to the left).

Once you can get past the introduction screen in Evernote, you can return your text size to your desired settings. The introduction screen is only shown once and should not be an issue again.

THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH....I almost threw my phone against the wall in frustration!!!! 

Hi,

Today, I have tried to use Evernote on my iPhone 12. When the app started , I got a screen with some advertisement for some new features. There is no button on that page except for a link to the "terms of service...". I taped not the link and in the page that opens, there is no button to accept the terms. If I tap on "close" I go back to that screen with no buttons. Basically, I can't use it anymore. I've tried to reinstall the app but the problem is still there. Do you have the same problem? Any solution? Thanks 

PS: The language on my iPhone ins Italian.

Provale gratis durante.jpeg

DAEE6C10-D016-4731-9E18-2330AC732835.jpeg