Copy note link in individual tasks

FDonald

Idea

It would be great to be able to copy note links in tasks.  A work around is to separate the tasks into different notes and then have note links. But when keeping a list of tasks in one note (i.e. Things To Do) would be preferable.

• Like 5

4 replies to this idea

@Jack Lynch Here is my use case. I have always used Evernote only to track my meeting notes. I have had to track tasks that I need for projects else where. With the tasks feature, I have now created a new note per project to track the tasks need for each project. So, a typical meeting that I attend may touch on one more projects. For each project where there are new tasks, I then go into the project note and update the tasks. So while it is great that my project note centralizes all the tasks I need to move the project forward, I lose the context for the task from the meeting notes. So being able to also copy the internal link into the task would be a big help so I can simply click into the link that takes me to the meeting notes where I can find all the context for that task. Today,, when you copy the meeting link, it resolves to just the note name which is not that useful cause first, the note name can change in the future, and two, then I now need to manually search on that note name to find it. 

Even better would be if I could create the task in my meeting notes, then simply move them into their respective project notes but in a way that allows me to click on a link that can take me to the note where they originated from. That would save the work of from having to copy and paste the meeting links into the task itself.

12 hours ago, Jack Lynch said:

@FDonaldThanks for your feedback. We have started thinking through this. Can you give me an example of one of your use cases for this?

I wrote about this use case in the Tasks thread, with my comment linked below. Based on the likes and replies my comment received, I think it's a popular use case!

On 6/8/2021 at 11:29 PM, Jack Lynch said:

@FDonaldThanks for your feedback. We have started thinking through this. Can you give me an example of one of your use cases for this?

I was thinking also about this.  In GTD when a task becomes a project, the option to turn the task into a new note would be handy. 

It would then create a new note with the task at the top (still moveable within the note) and make the task a link on the master task list (I know this may create a problem if the task is moved to another note)

Then you could begin tracking your information for that task in a new note With the task at the top.

You would still have the option of naming that note.