I want to tag URLs to each task, and have hierarchial/nested tasks

kbhasi

Idea

I've already converted a to-do note I have into a Tasks note, but found that I can't tag individual tasks with URLs like I can tag them with dates, reminders, and flags.

I'd not only want to tag tasks with HTTP/HTTPS URLs (e.g. I want to remind myself to do an action on a website), but I also want to tag with internal links to other notes!

To give you an idea of what I have been trying to do, here's a screenshot.

Screenshot showing part of my to-do note, to show what i've been trying to do. 2 items have URLs in them, and 1 has the title of another note in it, but the links aren't clickable.

You may also notice that I have some tasks that begin with hyphens. Those are tasks that were originally indented 1 level inward back when this note had a regular checklist instead of the new Tasks feature, and are tasks that i've grouped in specific sets. I could create a separate note for those, but I'd rather have these in one place.

EDIT: I didn't notice that the note title still mentions 30 May, but it's just that I've been busy with some of the projects on this list, which is also why I've not been able to find lots of time to file issue reports and feature requests for Evernote and other apps/services.

Edited by kbhasi
  • Like 2

5 replies to this idea

• Ex Employees

If you have a URL in the task title itself, that should get linked in the Tasks view (Tasks link in the navigation bar). We should have that feature working in the editor in the near future. We're also exploring better ways to incorporate links so you don't have to use the link text itself.

link.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Ex Employees
4 hours ago, kbhasi said:

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I can't check to see if this is the case on mobile as Tasks early access hasn't rolled out to Android clients connected to my account, which in turn also hinders my productivity somewhat as I have to be on one of my desktop OS devices to even be able to see the list.

Just a couple notes:

1. The URL linking in mobile hasn't been implemented yet. It's coming soon and will work like desktop
  2. Rollout of Android (and all platforms, actually) is gradual. You should hopefully get updated within the next 1-2 weeks I'd expect.
  • Thanks 1
On 6/4/2021 at 7:03 AM, Scott T. said:

If you have a URL in the task title itself, that should get linked in the Tasks view (Tasks link in the navigation bar). We should have that feature working in the editor in the near future. We're also exploring better ways to incorporate links so you don't have to use the link text itself.

(image)

Thanks!! I see it here and it's working for HTTP/HTTPS links! I just tested this and suspect this uses different code to the automatic linking within notes!

I tested with 12 made-up domains, including a non-existent TLD. The Taska pane linked all except the nonexistent TLD, while automatic linking within notes only linked .com and .org, but not .co.uk and .com.au, for example.

I also didn't know I can actually select multiple tasks like they were table cells! Cool!

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I can't check to see if this is the case on mobile as Tasks early access hasn't rolled out to Android clients connected to my account, which in turn also hinders my productivity somewhat as I have to be on one of my desktop OS devices to even be able to see the list.

Edited by kbhasi

Also just here to chime in on links being better supported in tasks. Personally, I'd like to see an "attached" link as a first-class piece of data along with reminder, due date and flagging etc. I'll seldom have a task that doesn't have a link of some sort.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1