Jump to content
  • 0

Requests: Improvements to Non-Dates Reminders


Stacey

Idea

I use non-dated reminders (pinned notes) a lot. They are more functional to me in Legacy than they are in v10 for two reasons:

1. Being able to custom order my pinned notes by dragging/dropping them is a key part of my workflow. Not having this option in v10 is a workflow issue for me because it is less efficient (another micro-efficiency lost for me). I use non-dated reminders as "shortcuts" for a specific notebook. By taking away my ability to sort them, I have to mentally think about which note I'm looking for in the list each time I go to that notebook, vs just knowing that, say, my "project management" note is at the top of the list every time. If you can image the pushback Evernote would get if users couldn't manually order shortcuts, that's the workflow frustration/inefficiency I'm feeling by not being able to manually order the non-dated reminders. REQUEST TO HAVE DRAG/DROP TO ORDER NON-DATED REMINDER NOTES RETURNED TO V10!

2. I miss that the side-list layout for the reminders tab no matter what the view of the notes tab is. The important part of the reminder for me is the title (often using it as a project management note, a task list, or a shortcut for that particular notebook). I don't find the v10 behavior of the view (where it mirrors the selection of the notebook) as useful. This one doesn't "break" my workflow like #1 does though and if I could manually order them (request #1) it *might* be less of an issue for me – although have you have it in Legacy is great...and this doesn't feel like a functional improvement. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment

5 replies to this idea

Recommended Posts

  • 0
On 6/2/2021 at 7:42 AM, Stacey said:

I use non-dated reminders (pinned notes) a lot. They are more functional to me in Legacy than they are in v10 for two reasons:

1. Being able to custom order my pinned notes by dragging/dropping them is a key part of my workflow. Not having this option in v10 is a workflow issue for me because it is less efficient (another micro-efficiency lost for me). I use non-dated reminders as "shortcuts" for a specific notebook. By taking away my ability to sort them, I have to mentally think about which note I'm looking for in the list each time I go to that notebook, vs just knowing that, say, my "project management" note is at the top of the list every time. If you can image the pushback Evernote would get if users couldn't manually order shortcuts, that's the workflow frustration/inefficiency I'm feeling by not being able to manually order the non-dated reminders. REQUEST TO HAVE DRAG/DROP TO ORDER NON-DATED REMINDER NOTES RETURNED TO V10!

2. I miss that the side-list layout for the reminders tab no matter what the view of the notes tab is. The important part of the reminder for me is the title (often using it as a project management note, a task list, or a shortcut for that particular notebook). I don't find the v10 behavior of the view (where it mirrors the selection of the notebook) as useful. This one doesn't "break" my workflow like #1 does though and if I could manually order them (request #1) it *might* be less of an issue for me – although have you have it in Legacy is great...and this doesn't feel like a functional improvement. 

Stacey ,  in the meantime ( still they fully tune Tasks and , maybe,  implement  these non dated reminers) you may use non-dated Tasks for the pinned note ( just a  message ,  withou an assigned date,  using trh GTD key words ofr example ) .

At least , in the Task section , you may see them listed at the bottom  .

Far from ideal,  just a patch (  they also will have to implement collapsable buttons  to easily visualize the list of tasks ) and an idea 

Link to comment
  • 0
On 6/2/2021 at 1:42 PM, Stacey said:

I use non-dated reminders (pinned notes) a lot. They are more functional to me in Legacy than they are in v10 for two reasons:

1. Being able to custom order my pinned notes by dragging/dropping them is a key part of my workflow. Not having this option in v10 is a workflow issue for me because it is less efficient (another micro-efficiency lost for me). I use non-dated reminders as "shortcuts" for a specific notebook. By taking away my ability to sort them, I have to mentally think about which note I'm looking for in the list each time I go to that notebook, vs just knowing that, say, my "project management" note is at the top of the list every time. If you can image the pushback Evernote would get if users couldn't manually order shortcuts, that's the workflow frustration/inefficiency I'm feeling by not being able to manually order the non-dated reminders. REQUEST TO HAVE DRAG/DROP TO ORDER NON-DATED REMINDER NOTES RETURNED TO V10!

2. I miss that the side-list layout for the reminders tab no matter what the view of the notes tab is. The important part of the reminder for me is the title (often using it as a project management note, a task list, or a shortcut for that particular notebook). I don't find the v10 behavior of the view (where it mirrors the selection of the notebook) as useful. This one doesn't "break" my workflow like #1 does though and if I could manually order them (request #1) it *might* be less of an issue for me – although have you have it in Legacy is great...and this doesn't feel like a functional improvement. 

Yes I subscribe exactly this. 

Also when in a certain notebook I used to click in reminders and all of them appeared. With v10 only the DATED remiders appears. Those without a date dont. I miss that.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • 0
53 minutes ago, l3utterfish said:

 With v10 only the DATED remiders appears. Those without a date dont. I miss that.

I don't have this experience. The non-dated reminders appear for me in v10...but I can't control the order of them. They seem to respond to the same sort that I have set for the notebook (which is a change in behavior from Legacy). 

All of the notes appearing on the reminders tab have no reminder date associated with them:

2021-07-07_13-41-43.thumb.png.9a3441c6c525a7771c32c599be7a1622.png

Link to comment
  • 0
2 hours ago, Stacey said:

I don't have this experience. The non-dated reminders appear for me in v10...but I can't control the order of them. They seem to respond to the same sort that I have set for the notebook (which is a change in behavior from Legacy). 

All of the notes appearing on the reminders tab have no reminder date associated with them:

2021-07-07_13-41-43.thumb.png.9a3441c6c525a7771c32c599be7a1622.png

True, my bad. 

They do appear . I just had the notebook with too many reminders.. and they appear right AFTER the dated ones.

Is true that we have missed now the ARRANGING of them .. we cannot move them. We need that again.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • 0
On 6/29/2021 at 4:10 PM, Claudiofpiga said:

Stacey ,  in the meantime ( still they fully tune Tasks and , maybe,  implement  these non dated reminers) you may use non-dated Tasks for the pinned note ( just a  message ,  withou an assigned date,  using trh GTD key words ofr example ) .

At least , in the Task section , you may see them listed at the bottom  .

Interesting idea...thanks for suggesting it. Tasks with no due date do open up new organizational options...I'm not sold that it will replace what I'm asking for here, but it's still interesting to ponder. I'm going to think about this more. Even if it doesn't solve this issue, it probably has a valid use case somewhere....now you've got me thinking 🤔.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...