iPAD PRO SUPER SLOW OPERATION

Like many on here I have been using EN for many years. I have also been using it on my iPad pro for several years. Since the new update for EN - awful. Glitchy, losing info & apple pencil is almost impossible to use in the sketch page as it draws so far beyond movements. 

Has anyone come up with a solution?  

I am so frustrated. 

• Level 5

Sketch: Maybe it interferes with the new scribble handwriting-to-Text feature introduced into iOS. You can toggle it off in iOS settings.

If this is the case, you can create an iOS shortcut to toggle it whenever you want to use the Sketch feature.

Compared to a pure handwriting app like for example GoodNotes 5 EN is way behind. Examples are palm recognition, smoothing of the handwriting or the image-to-text conversion, all available in GN5.

Apart from  these basic setup issues, my iPad Pro 10.5“ is working pretty well with the EN app. The iOS app IMHO is already better than the old app has ever been. 

Thanks for the input. I double checked and I had it toggled off. Honestly, I hoped it may be that simple:)

I am a contractor and use my iPad every day out of the office with EN. I have for about 7 years so I pretty familiar with what to expect from EN. I've been fairly patient because I really like the program and truly believed this was related to the updates and changes from last fall. I am happy to hear that you have not had any issues. This gives me some hope but a whole load of new question as to what may be causing this performance issue with my device. I erased all data on my device and reloaded all in hopes there was some "glitch"...no change.

I have seen many other posts of similar slow performance on the iPad without any defined resolutions. 

Has anyone determined a setting or path to resolve?

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5

On a Pro it should perform. We run it on an iPad Air 2, vintage 2014. There I would regard it as slow, good for retrieving content, but not for much more. On the Pro 10.5 it performs.

The same with an iPhone 6S+ compared to an iPhone 11Pro Max: Slow (but usable) on the first, fine on the second. 

All devices run the latest iOS (14.6).

How good is the internet connection ? For a test did you try to download a notebook, and go into flight mode ? If it is fast then, it is probably related to the internet link.

Hard to tell what brakes it down on your iPad Pro. Try support on this ?