Hide unassigned tags in the dialogue Ctr-Alt-T

Go to solution Solved by Mike P,

If using ctr-alt-T to copy a set of tags between notes there was button to hide unassigned tags. This option has disappeared in the version Evernote 10.x.x. Please let me know how to hide unassigned tags.
I am using Evernote for a long time in premium as well as with a business account

10.14.7-win-ddl-public (2661)
Editor: v124.1.16108
Service: v1.35.5
© 2019 - 2021 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved

36 minutes ago, Aloys55 said:

Please let me know how to hide unassigned tags.

There isn't a way.

How did you copy tags from one note to another in the legacy version using this method? I don't seem to be able to figure it out.

"Copy" is confusing indeed. In fact if two notes are selected, in the legacy version, it was easy to assign to both notes an identical set of tags. Following the command Ctr-ALt -T and checking the box "hide unassigned tags" synchronising the tags between the notes was intuitive and fast (This could be seen as "copying" tags)  In spite of various request this simple filter is in 10.x.x still missing.

ctr-alt-t hide unassigned tags.jpg

• Solution
3 hours ago, Aloys55 said:

In fact if two notes are selected, in the legacy version, it was easy to assign to both notes an identical set of tags. Following the command Ctr-ALt -T and checking the box "hide unassigned tags" synchronising the tags between the notes was intuitive and fast

OK I understand now. The basic functionaility is still there but you cannot hide unassigned tags as you say and selected tags are hidden within the hierarchy. I agree that it is not as easy as it should be. I like the cycle between a dash and a tick when the tag goes from being assigned to one note to all the selected notes.

Sorry I clicked on solved, don't know how to undo.
"I like the cycle between a dash and a tick when the tag goes from being assigned to one note to all the selected notes." I don't understand what you are saying here.

40 minutes ago, Aloys55 said:

"I like the cycle between a dash and a tick when the tag goes from being assigned to one note to all the selected notes." I don't understand what you are saying here.

If I select two notes, one containing tags and the other with no tags selected. I can then bring up the edit tags menu using the keyboard shortcut, the right click menu or the blue multislect menu. .TestTag is in the first note but not in the second note so it appears as a dash

image.png.7dc9b6bcff486178670f80ef151922b2.png

Clicking on the dash changes it to a tick, the tag appears above the search bar and it is assigned to both notes:

image.png.faf87d61ac98f805196671a0bceb4c27.png

Clicking it again removes it from both notes

• 4 months later...

Dear Evernote,

As explained above, managing tags in multiple notes is still not easy. The short ctr-alt-T still brings up the dialogue to manage tags, unfortunately the option "hide unassigned tags" is still missing.

Is there any way to apply a filter to hide 'not' used tags and quickly see the status of the used tags in the selected notes? Thank you.

afbeelding.png.9511b911930a29e88cd0d0c5c205bd92.png