Out of organisation clipped emails not showing content in Evernote. Windows 10 Legacy 6.25

I clip an email in Outlook desktop application, clipper shows preview with all the content. When it uploads into Evernote only the title is present with the rest of the note blank. If the email had an image, the note snippet still has the image thumbnail, so data is in there. Tried just forwarding but has the same issue.

Using the Android app to view the note and the note content comes up fine. 

Note this issue only comes about for clipped, forwarded emails that have the "originated from outside of the organisation" label in the Evernote legacy desktop application. Other emails work fine.

Any suggestions to get it to behave?

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  Weird.  I use forwarding a lot,  plus clipping from Outlook (RIP clipping in v10...) and don't have any similar experiences.  What Windows version are you using?  Just as an experiment (and if no-one else has anything more sensible) how about duplicating a note,  changing the content of a message slightly (add a heading,  a space.. whatever..) on the Android client and syncing that back to your PC.  Does that then show the content?  (I'm thinking that there may be an issue with the mime-type used in your work messages that Android is happy with,  but Windows not.) - Full disclosure I have no idea what I'm actually talking about here....

So I looked over everything, and it looks like my desktop version (on windows 10 enterprise) sync has failed. Error 19416 & 15716 can't connect to server. Tried the troubleshooting options but to no avail. It does look like my work has suddenly banned Evernote, as even the website is blocked, so I'm assuming firewall settings were changed. It doesn't completely explain out of org emails not showing up in the sync but it's probably to do with that.

Thanks for your help though, if you have any suggestions for the sync issue just let me know as the company ICT department might as well be a Wendy's.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

The only idea is to use a mobile device with a mobile data link.

This is advisable anyhow when using EN at work - who owns a network can easily monitor what is going on there. It would not be the first employee sacking claiming the „theft“ of paid working hours by using the internet while on duty.

Trying to drill a hole into the firewall can result in the same, because it may put the whole company network in danger. In times when pipeline networks and meat factories have to close down due to computer attacks, network security is not taken lightly.

• Like 1