Merging Notes Keeps First Note Only And The Rest Disappear

I merged 10 new notes and only the first one is kept while the rest disappear. I did this twice and same problem. I'm using the latest version 10.14.7 on a new MacBook Pro M1.

What makes this more infuriating is I'm seeing this has been a constant problem and obviously the new versions are not correcting this. Meanwhile I keep seeing new features added that I have no need for, or worse, get in the way of what I'm trying to do. This seems like a problem that should be priority 1 for Evernote to fix. I shouldn't have to downgrade or run two installations to make sure I haven't lost information. If keeping the notes I make aren't the core function of this software, I'm not sure what is.

This should be fixed immediately — and a warning should go out to users about it. Yes, I was able to find the lost notes in the trash, but that's because I had double check the notes were missing in the first place, and then go looking for them. Neither should have been necessary. 

This software is useless if I have to worry about notes going missing at all.

• Like 1

Gazumped — I am happy to help, I WANT the software to be successful, not to waste time complaining about it. And I'll do what you suggest. I just think for a problem of this magnitude, they should be coming to us with a warning and request for our logs/whatever if they need it to fix it. I'd expect an email saying "don't merge your notes until we fix this — and thanks for your patience." 

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
6 hours ago, adamnyc said:

I just think for a problem of this magnitude, they should be coming to us with a warning and request for our logs/whatever if they need it to fix it.

They're probably still trying to figure out whether it is an actual issue - and with users into the millions,  the last thing they need is a flood of logs hitting their servers!

• 4 weeks later...

Merging of notes definitely needs to be improved. It also seems to me that functionality such as including the original author or URL of the individual notes are now missing.

• Level 5

It was a reported bug that content disappeared when there were web containers, from clipping. Other content was merging.

Clearly a bug - I have send a support ticket. It was acknowledged and said it would be fixed with a future release.

At the moment don’t merge notes with clipped content. As a workaround you can create note links, and link the notes together.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

This just happened to me also. There weren't any web containers in my notes, just text & bulleted lists. I'm on a PC with the latest version of Evernote.