Pin a note on the top of the notebook

mrsuner

Idea

7 replies to this idea

• Level 5*

How are you proposing to "organize the content of the notebook"? 

It's possible to sort notes by various dates and the title. Sort in created date order and you can easily find the first note created. Sort by title and start a note title with "001" and it will always be at the top...

• Like 1

Thanks for your reply, I'm just simply thinking about maybe a "Pin on the top" function may be much easier.

Just like we can stick some post on the top of the forum and without changing its name.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Understood,  but I still don't see why the several other methods of 'flagging' a note aren't enough.  Any important or urgent notes could be

• dragged into a !Priority notebook (a special character gets the notebook to the top of that list)
  • tagged 'priority'*
  • titled 'priority'*

- and the 'dragged into a notebook' option allows you to set up different notebooks for different priorities...

Still,  you've suggested the option and if enough votes support it,  it may still happen!

* -and found by saved search

• Like 1
On 5/27/2021 at 6:50 PM, gazumped said:

It's possible to sort notes by various dates and the title. Sort in created date order and you can easily find the first note created. Sort by title and start a note title with "001" and it will always be at the top...

That thing has its own utility. But sometimes there is this one note inside the notebook which need to be in top (say pinned) all the time. For a example, Notebook 'Economics 101' has many notes in it. One particular note is about 'Syllabus and Timeline' which need to be in top irrespective of how the other notes are sorted (by name or date). You want it in top and also want other notes to be sorted on the latest update basis. In this case, pinning the note comes handy.

Many messaging Apps has this feature. Like in Telegram, you have an option of folders for different chats (Evernote: Notebook for different notes), you can pin particular chat(s) in particular folder (Evernote: pin particular Note(s) in particular Notebook if feature implemented).

4 hours ago, Tappu said:

That thing has its own utility. But sometimes there is this one note inside the notebook which need to be in top (say pinned) all the time. For a example, Notebook 'Economics 101' has many notes in it. One particular note is about 'Syllabus and Timeline' which need to be in top irrespective of how the other notes are sorted (by name or date). You want it in top and also want other notes to be sorted on the latest update basis. In this case, pinning the note comes handy.

Many messaging Apps has this feature. Like in Telegram, you have an option of folders for different chats (Evernote: Notebook for different notes), you can pin particular chat(s) in particular folder (Evernote: pin particular Note(s) in particular Notebook if feature implemented).

I fully understand why this would be useful and it has been a requested feature for many years. Given that EN have just completely changed the software and have not introduced the feature, I do not realistically think it is likely to be implemented any time soon.

However if you routinely sort by title or creation date the existing hacks still work. Start the title with characters that ensure it is at the top or manually change the creation date into the far future (or past). Unfortunately the "reminders hack" no longer works as reminders are now in a separate tab. There is also no longer the ability to manually  change the edit date if you routimely sort by date updated rather than date created. My personal preference is still to add a $pinned tag to important notes so I can quickly select out the "virtually pinned" notes from a particular search.