Note history and attachments

Hi,

some time ago I was working on a presentation, and was thrilled that by storing the powerpoint in a note, i would be able to go back in the note history in case something happened to the presentation (accidental deletion of slides etc)

But when I went to check the note history, there was nothing.

I contacted support and I was told that attachments aren't part of note history... ?

To me, this is kind of a big thing - why aren't attachments "historized"?

PS: There were no problems with the powerpoint (this time)

Actually, attachments (images, etc.) are part of the note history. So if you upload something with an attachment, and then edit it again the next day, you should be able to access the old version.

If you upload a note with an attachment and then immediately remove it, then the history wouldn't reflect this, since we only take history "snapshots" every few hours.

• 3 years later...

If you upload a note with an attachment and then immediately remove it, then the history wouldn't reflect this, since we only take history "snapshots" every few 

So, if I set the sync frequency to every minute, will the note get "history" with smaller time intervals?

Let us say that I work on a presentation at 12:01 with sync occuring at 12.02. At 12:03 I make a mistake, which I realise at 15:33 (three hour later), now: Can I roll back to the 12:02 copy of my presentation?

I hope so, as dropbox supports it. Otherwise, I will never put files I'm working on into evernote.
  • Level 5*

If you upload a note with an attachment and then immediately remove it, then the history wouldn't reflect this, since we only take history "snapshots" every few 

So, if I set the sync frequency to every minute, will the note get "history" with smaller time intervals?

Let us say that I work on a presentation at 12:01 with sync occuring at 12.02. At 12:03 I make a mistake, which I realise at 15:33 (three hour later), now: Can I roll back to the 12:02 copy of my presentation?

I hope so, as dropbox supports it. Otherwise, I will never put files I'm working on into evernote.

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

No. Note history occurs every eight hours or so. You have no control over the frequency, and you won't know when it happens. My recommendation is to have some kind of backup system if you are working on the desktop. I'd say the same thing if you are using Dropbox.

http://www.christopher-mayo.com/?p=962

Archived