Cmd-J and Ctrl-Q: quickly switch content or search

Awesome!   Thank you.

Now...   I had Ctrl-Q mapped to "Search in Evernote".  After update to 10.14.6, I did a Restore to Default on that....   Ctrl-Q now does nothing  🙂   

Edit -> "Switch to.."  has no hotkey listed.

And I don't see that in the keyboard map.

On 26.05.2021 at 23:17, Nicksomename said:

What about the justify text feature?

Justifing text by width should be available (in dropdown menu and by keyboard shortcut). It makes long text notes look neatly.

24 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

Frankly I don't get the sense of using a fast keyboard shortcut to switch into the big empty void waiting for the first note to arrive.

unless you want to create a lovely new note in that big empty void.

• Like 1

I am glad it’s back at last, thank you. It was missing for about a year wasn’t it. How long has version 10 been out now? Can’t remember. 
let’s hope many of the other essentials come back also in the not too distant. 

• Like 1

I strongly stand behind the EN team. I deeply appreciate the effort required to build things ground up when the legacy is already rocking it. 
Demonstrates vision, courage, leadership and long term commitment to users. 
The team has been working through the pandemic and delivering the goods. I can find lots of reasons to be dissatisfied but I choose to focus on the EXTRAORDINARY effort of the team. 

way to go TEAM. And Ian superlative leadership. 

Edited by dinesh tewari
Typos
  • Like 8
  • Level 5

From my recent experience I would say it went off with a very rocky start (iOS app, buggy as hell, until 11.4 barely usable ...), but things have improved a lot since. A team that went through this and has not fallen apart probably has learned a few things.

Looking forward to the next releases, my missing features list is not yet empty.

@Shane D., the shortcut is great and fast. BUT, it conflicts with the existing (CTRL+Q) editor shortcut for justifying text. See the screenshots below.

This is how my text is justified: 

image.thumb.png.eedb8390da77cd145c005a4899a89306.png

And this is what happens to it after I engage the quick switcher (the text has been justified): 

image1.thumb.png.958438cc8835e463695cad5d9c69a7af.png

On 5/30/2021 at 1:35 PM, Nick1 said:

@Shane D., the shortcut is great and fast. BUT, it conflicts with the existing (CTRL+Q) editor shortcut for justifying text. See the screenshots below.

@Nick1

Thanks, I'll make sure to report this to my team.

In the meantime, you can edit the keyboard shortcut:

1. Click the keyboard icon located at the bottom right of the left sidebar, or Press Ctrl + / (Default shortcut to open the menu)
  2. Double click on the  "Switch to…" item, or open the overflow menu and select "Edit…"
  3. Type a new key combination

For further reference:

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500002999041

On 5/29/2021 at 4:12 PM, dinesh tewari said:

I strongly stand behind the EN team. I deeply appreciate the effort required to build things ground up when the legacy is already rocking it. 
Demonstrates vision, courage, leadership and long term commitment to users. 
The team has been working through the pandemic and delivering the goods. I can find lots of reasons to be dissatisfied but I choose to focus on the EXTRAORDINARY effort of the team. 

way to go TEAM. And Ian superlative leadership. 

Yes, this shortcut has improved the Evernote experience by a lot. Also, Evernote is getting faster (still slow on Android), thus the experience is getting better and better. Little by little the new Evernote will be on par in terms of features with the old one and it will be overall much better. Evernote will be back! 🙂

• Like 2
On 5/31/2021 at 8:25 PM, Tom Donohue said:

@Nick1

Thanks, I'll make sure to report this to my team.

In the meantime, you can edit the keyboard shortcut:

1. Click the keyboard icon located at the bottom right of the left sidebar, or Press Ctrl + / (Default shortcut to open the menu)
  2. Double click on the  "Switch to…" item, or open the overflow menu and select "Edit…"
  3. Type a new key combination

For further reference:

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/1500002999041

Hey! Thanks for bringing back this extremely useful feature, and yes, it is quite fast. Regarding changing the key combination: unfortunately the "switch to..."  item is not editable like the global shortcuts, meaning that text keeps going to be justified whenever the shortcut is used. I am looking forward for the team to fix this.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, kkarasu said:

text keeps going to be justified whenever the shortcut is used

Given that justified text is not an option in the edit menu drop down but only as a keyboard shortcut I wouldn't be that surprised if the option to justify text is not just quietly dropped.

Command-J was probably my most often-used shortcut, and to have it missing for such a long period of time was rather excruciating.

It is puzzling why this was prioritized for implementation so late in the game, given how powerful it is. I am glad it is back.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

That is Nice feature . Hope this feature is implemented in the web version too. I tried in my  evernote web with firefox web browser the ctrl+Q shortcut and my browser is closed . Maybe there a way to use the shortcut in the Web Browser ?

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...