Why were the vital shortcuts removed?

I've been a paying customer for 10+ years. With the recent updates, the shortcuts that I use on a multiple-times-a-day basis have been removed. Examples:
• Jump to anything: cmd + J

• Search: cmd + ctrl + E

I use these 10+ times a day. Without the shortcut, the first function (jump) is simply nowhere to be found, and the second function (search) requires the clumsy and slow mouse.

Why were these removed? It's unfathomable that EN has been taking a nose dive on its usability.

• Level 5

If you go to the help menu of v10, you find a ton of shortcuts. Should be enough to take a while even to learn a bunch of them. The first group can be adapted.

cmd-j was just released, install EN 10.14 Mac.

If you miss something mission critical for you, there is still legacy.

If you go to the help menu of v10, you find a ton of shortcuts. Should be enough to take a while even to learn a bunch of them

That was the first thing I did when I realized the shortcuts were gone. Unfortunately the shortcut customization menu did not include these shortcuts. It has others, but that's irrelevant to my question.

> If you miss something mission critical for you, there is still legacy.

I am using the legacy version on two of my computers for this very reason, but that's not the solution either. I should not have to stay on legacy as a paying customer. 

The reason I posted this thread is more to find out why these shortcuts were removed. I cannot imagine any reason for that to happen.

• Level 5

There is no „why“, v10 is completely new code, and what was not implemented is missing. I sometimes doubt it was strategical,  I think it had more to do with how easy it was to code certain functions.

Legacy is by no means inferior - in fact it has still more features, and v10 is in parts still work in progress. That is quite typical in a transition - one platform has more features, but less potential, and vice versa.

Where you put your money is your choice, and you see pretty clearly now what you get. If you don’t like it because a few shortcuts may be missing, you have to decide for yourself if a) this is that important and b) whether you get a better package elsewhere.