Evernote is adding duplicate device

I use Evernote with only two devices, which haven't changed in four years. When I opened the app today, it made me sign in, and is now forcing me to unsync a device (one of which I'm currently using) in order to access my notes. I then went to the web version of Evernote, and I see that they added my one Mac as a synced device TWICE, so now I have to unsync two devices in order to use Evernote at all. If I have to unsync in order to add new devices, why is it adding new ones just because I logged in?  Can someone help me with this?

I do eventually need to unsync my iPhone because I got a new phone, but that would require a third unsync. I'd settle for access with my Mac first. I understand trying to upsell to premium, but this isn't the way to do it.

Edit: Seriously, what's going on here? I just opened the app on my old iPhone...it let me access my notes for about a minute and now it's asking me to unsync a device again. This is extremely frustrating, y'all. I'm a musician and I have lyrics to finish and record TODAY. I have loved Evernote so much over the last eight years, but I will not upgrade because I don't need any extra features.

Screen Shot 2021-05-24 at 8.07.52 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-05-24 at 8.13.35 AM.png

IMG_7646.PNG

Edited by randman21
Further illustration of issue
  • Level 5

Eight years of free use, I an impressed.

The free model has basically 2 functions: Allow people who receive shares to open them without paying, and to find out if EN may be a good tool to subscribe and use.

Anybody who intentionally works his way around these 2 use cases IMHO does so at its own risk. If you need to do something NOW and TODAY, you are sometimes bad off with a freemium model. However you can fix this problem yourself, fast and even get a discount on the solution.