IPadOS split screen multiple instances

VDo

Idea

Evernote v10 is running great on IPad Pro M1! 

It would be really great to be able to open two instances of Evernote in split screen for better productivity! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

12 replies to this idea

• Level 5

This is a long standing request - there are other threads about it in the forum when you search for it.

The question is whether EN tries to keep their mobile clients identical twins, or will allow for an iPad / tablet specific version of it.

Personally 2 sessions and the ability to work on more than one note at a time would be a great productivity booster for me on the iPad.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So glad this is getting some feedback again. I have been longing for two instances of Evernote side by side since Apple added that ability for apps to do this a few years ago. All the other Notes apps immediately came out with updates to take advantage of it… but Evernote devs were staying focused on getting on the massive build of v10, so I understood why the previous apps weren’t updated to add this. But the v10 apps have been it for a while now and it is really frustrating to still see no mention of this feature being added. 

• Like 1

I would have thought EN had prioritised Laptops & Desktops for long enough to have established them, iPad OS has been languishing in EN development without any explanation or comment as to whether it will ever be developed yet I believe that their developers have proven themselves to be more than capable so it has to be a HO policy decision sp please EN review this policy

• Level 5

Currently EN is not watching at specific devices at all. If it is Windows devices with a pencil, Tablets with iOS or Android or Macs with M1-chips: The moment you drop out of the mainstream, special functions of your device stay unsupported.

If EN decides to change this, it is still a long way until it will feel „native“ on each device. Some of the necessary changes to the now unified app are massive.

Here is a suggested Hack.

with another computer, one could have Remote Desktop running the desktop version of Evernote split with the iPad OS Evernote.

until a better solution comes a long.

ice

Update - Ive just added a screenshot from my iPad. Also running Evernote on my iPhone so have 3 copies running at the same time. Just a stop gap for now.

IMG_0168.jpg

Edited by iceman melb
screenshot
  • Like 1

I am a bit baffled by the inability to split windows still in 2023!
if it's a question of keeping iOS & iPadOS identical, as @PinkElephant is suggesting… don't wonder anymore! I don’t use my ipad like I use my phone (jesus) ! I wonder if developers use their own product sometimes !

Am about to subscribe on a yearly basis but between this kind of stuff unanswered for years (don’t get me started with the inability to write notes with the stylus like Goodnotes or nebo, the missing tag hierarchy) plus plans to  raise  pricing… I wonder if it’s really a good move